Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 786

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    I printed a 97 degree template on clear (Pictorico) film and mounted it on plastic that can slide on to the camera. It's probably not comparable to a viewfinder but may be helpful.
    I'd be interested in seeing this if you are inclined to post a photo here, Some of the RF style external VF's can be as much or more than the camera, so I would rather devise a similar plan...

97 degrees is about a 18.8MM lens in 35mm, so for now, I can use my Nikon 14-24 at that setting and figure a good chunk more image area on the short dimension of a 4x5 neg. It's possible the external VF for my XPan 30mm could help a bit, it seems to equal about a 17.8mm when mounted on a Nikon SLR with a 14-24. The other option is a Voightlander 15mm...?...who knows....

This will be really cool in use, I might have already paid for all of this stuff with a funky ad campaign...
    Last edited by PKM-25; 04-24-2012 at 02:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is the 97 degree template (a quick construction). If it turns out to be helpful I will make one with better materials. I apologize for the photo it was with my wife's phone for expediency.

Jeffrey Glasser

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	viewfinder.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	49916

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is there any news on if/when we can expect an 8x10 Titan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So I got my Titan and gave it a whirl. It's super light but built very solid, even with a film holder, great concept!
    I am not sure I will put much film through it though, just too soft for any kind of enlargement. Instead, it will more than likely see reversal paper since it costs half as much as sheet film and creates the mystic of an "Original". Based on what I saw in the flickr group's selects, I was hoping to at least get an 8 x 10 off of the negs but in souping my first 6 sheets last night, I just don't see any reason to go beyond contact prints...

On another note, the Mod54 insert worked perfectly in my 3-reel Paterson tank, what a treat that was! So I guess I am going to start building a proper 4x5 camera system now, I have everything I need to do it and besides, it will pull in some coin...

Love the simplicity of the Harman Titan though, I could easily backpack with this sucker...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting, I've printed several images on 11x14 with 1 1/4" borders and was quite pleased. Maybe it the subject matter has some thing to do with it.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So here is a un-touched, unsharpened scan of the neg full frame and 100%...I can't see printing this to 11x14 based on the softness, I probably just need to get a real 4x5 camera, LOL! I just got two print orders that might pay for one...

But I do love the Pinhole, my wife and I are headed out the door in a moment to shoot Mother's Day cards on Direct Positive, should be fun!

On another note, I have found that if I use my Nikon 17-35 at 17mm with my Dee-Ate-Hundred in 4x5 crop mode, it is a near perfect approximation of what the Titan sees.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 04-28-2012 at 04:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen some amazing 6x6 pinhole begs enlarged to 40x40" and wow, stunning. Soft, of course, but not overly so. Don't underestimate the power of the imperfect
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just got ours and gave it to our intern who btw just won the fourth year medal at OACD and we decided to give her something to work with over the next couple of years.
    Plus a hundred sheets of FP4 to get her started .

This unit is the cats ass and she was so excited and now I have to buy a few more this is a very cool looking kit being offered, since everyone who saw it wants one, my wife and I included...

Pinhole solarizations... how cool

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This unit is the cats ass

"cat's meow," unless your intention is something else indeed Just a question of cat anatomy
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    So here is a un-touched, unsharpened scan of the neg full frame and 100%...I can't see printing this to 11x14 based on the softness, I probably just need to get a real 4x5 camera, LOL! I just got two print orders that might pay for one...

But I do love the Pinhole, my wife and I are headed out the door in a moment to shoot Mother's Day cards on Direct Positive, should be fun!

On another note, I have found that if I use my Nikon 17-35 at 17mm with my Dee-Ate-Hundred in 4x5 crop mode, it is a near perfect approximation of what the Titan sees.

So if you got one of these you could mount your Titan on your Dee-Ate-Hundred and presto you'd have a view finder. . http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Tripod-Scr.../dp/B005005EEM

Btw, your image looks plenty sharp for 11x14 for my tastes, but then I'v seen 4x5 images printed 16x20 that I liked. Just different tastes. Maybe you need a 8x10 and then contact print the negatives.

Roger

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin