Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,698   Posts: 1,482,558   Online: 885

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First pinhole since my shoe box experiments!

Hi,

I just ordered my first ZeroImage 45 Deluxe after some extensive research. For those who care the reason I went with this instead of the Ilford Titan was the modular design which allows for different focal lengths as well as the zone plates option.

I am completely new to LF as my only film bodies have been 35mm and recently Hasselblad 501CM. So I still have some learning to do. My intent with this camera is project specific and I do not plan to work in LF extensively (this will most likely be my only 4x5 body). I am in the process of collecting items for my first darkroom and have a donated enlarger but it doesn't do 4x5 (or so I've been told, I still need to go pick it up). So what I plan to do with pinhole is to use it with direct positive paper which I can process pretty easily (I think) using some trays and my bathroom even before I have a designated DR.

So my general question is: am I missing something or can I accomplish what I want without an enlarger or 4x5 developing gear? And also besides a 4x5 back and paper is there anything else I should be looking into? I have a large light proof bag I use for loading my 120 reels that I can use to load the film holders. With time I might look into developing 4x5 negs but I've spent enough already and would like to just focus on my upcoming project. I think I can get 120 film back for this model as well so I might look into that at some point and be able to develop negs to enlarge and print.

I just love how versatile this little "box" is, or promises to be, and I can't wait to try it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome to the fascinating world of large format! There are advantages in shooting 4x5 film in pinhole cameras and contact printing it. Some correction of exposure error can be done in the printing, and contrast can be adjusted. The lack of sharpness in pinhole negatives makes enlarging questionable.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Be looking for you on WPPD, 29th April this year

Go to http://pinholeday.org and get ready

No questions - do it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin