Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,590   Online: 920

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    I shot a trio of images in my backyard in the morning light. F280 plywood 4x5 pinhole camera, preflashed grade 2 paper negatives, scanned and inverted + tonal adjustment in PS. 35 second exposure.

~Joe

Sunflower001a by jvcabacus, on Flickr

Sunflower002a by jvcabacus, on Flickr

Sprocket001a by jvcabacus, on Flickr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6979390378_ac9ec16d12_b.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    [...]
    Not a day for Poisson Du Jour's planned nudes here - Wet and rainy most of the day

LOL! Good point.
    Myself and friend were rugged up to the hilt — never mind about the "planned nudes" (next Spring, maybe!); the temperature dropped sharply around lunch time so we didn't hang around outside after that, retreating to an eatery to thaw out! We didn't move until 3.30pm!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After not nailing our shots on Direct Positive with the Harman Titan ( 4 fogged sheets, wrong safelight? ), my wife and I shot a few sheets of Delta 100 on a shot for hand made Mother's Day cards, I'll scan a print in tomorrow.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPPD 2012_04_29001small.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	50155

Name:	WPPD 2012_04_29006small.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	50157

Name:	WPPD 2012_04_29003small.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	50156

Three of my wandering efforts from yesterday: Harman Titan f/206 at 1 minute, Kodak TXP320 in Rodinal 1:25

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    I shot a trio of images in my backyard in the morning light. F280 plywood 4x5 pinhole camera, preflashed grade 2 paper negatives, scanned and inverted + tonal adjustment in PS. 35 second exposure.

~Joe
    They look good Joe, only a 35s exposure though? That must be some pretty fast paper you used for the negs!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks, Steve. It's been months since I did any pinhole, I really do need to do more.

About the paper I use, it's Freestyle's Arista brand in grade 2 glossy RC. I prefer grade 2 over multi-grade for better control of contrast, and the paper is not contrast sensitive to the color of daylight, as would be the case with MG paper. Through calibration tests I've come to rate this paper at an exposure index of 12, with the caveat that the dilute developer has to be up to proper temperature (at least 68f), and that I develop for at least 2 minutes.

The camera is a plywood 4x5 camera at f/280, takes standard sheet film holders. Bright sunny morning, plenty of light.

My exposure method is that I meter the scene at ISO12, select the exposure time for f128 on the meter, then do the conversion to the camera's focal ratio of f280. Part of the calculation is already done previously [(280/128)^2=4.78] and is applied to the camera as a label with the conversion factor of 4.78, such that all I have to do is the simple multiplication after the meter reading. All of my pinhole cameras are labeled with their conversion factors, which makes it very easy to shoot in all kinds of light, since paper has virtually no reciprocity failure.

-Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    was so blah dark and rain here but I did get one with my zero image 2000 6x6. I slid some expired ilford pearl rc paper in instead of a roll of 120 for the pinhole day shot. 1 min. exposure. I developed it in the trays then for a paper neg. scanned and inverted it.
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My contribution, Harman Titan, Delta 100, R09 1+50, Mod54...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I jumped the gun and went out Saturday between rain showers and tried my new Ilford Titan for the first time. Used HP5 developed with ID11 1:1 and the negatives look good. I used my Gossen Ultra Pro and the Ilford exposure calculator ... worked like a charm. The rough draft view finder also worked and I hope to print the negatives ASAP.

This pinhole "stuff" is fun. We had downpours all day on the official date so I lucked out ... hope it counts.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember all, that you do have until 31st May to post your pinhole pics on the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day website, joining a worldwide battery of thousands of others. Proof positive of the Film Underground.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin