Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 809

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love this group. Can't decide which is better, the commentary or the photos. I got two rolls of Tri-X on my 612 yesterday, and hoped to have them developed today, but alas, no D-76. But they'll be developed by the weekend.

By the way, Mr. Fish, what is the name of your Zero Image?

Cheers,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    I love this group. Can't decide which is better, the commentary or the photos. I got two rolls of Tri-X on my 612 yesterday, and hoped to have them developed today, but alas, no D-76. But they'll be developed by the weekend.

By the way, Mr. Fish, what is the name of your Zero Image?

Cheers,

-- Mark

Mark,
    it is the Zero Image multiformat 6x9 (set up at the moment as 6x6 and running RVP100f). A much loved camera obscura and an ideal bushwalking companion! A production problem is holding up my acquisition of a ZI 4x5 deluxe outfit, probably later this month or in June.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZeroImage6x9MultiFormat.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	648.5 KB 
ID:	50203
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Armed with a short list of destinations, I sallied forth with my 4x5 "Pinhole Box" and two other cameras on what was undoubtedly the nicest weather I've ever seen on WPPD. But alas, I think I'm going to retitle it "Worldwide Comedy of Photographic Errors Day," but that's a shortcoming of my own; maybe I tried to do too many things. First up, I designed a folding wire-frame viewfinder to add to last year's camera, did all the calculations, etc. Ran way too short on time to hack it out of some 0.020 black anodized aluminum sheet, so I threw a fixed blob together out of glued up black mat board and attached it with two-sided tape. Turned out to be a good idea. The angle of view on this camera is so-o-o-o wide, a wire-frame finder - at least my design - is about useless. Maybe a tube or ring and post rifle style sight for the center would be more useful.

Among other "happenings," I loaded four film holders with Arista RC grade 2 paper, pre-flashed them a bit more than last year, based on a new test. I added those to a holder still loaded from last year. So of the three shots I took on paper, two were on a holder in which I somehow loaded the emulsion against the septum, since verified the only two with a screwed up load.

A negative:

But scanned and inverted, there's a bit more than I thought at first - considering it's probably 3 or 4 stops underexposed and the detail is diffused through the paper! - but definitely a downer.

On film it was more like:

That is a former power plant for Pennhurst State School & Hospital outside Spring City, PA. It was one of several such places closed in the 1980s after a decade of controversy, lawsuits, and exposure of things that "should never happen." The shots are taken from the Schuylkill River Trail, a former Pennsylvania RR right-of-way that used to bring coal to the plant.

With printed sticky labels bearing similar markings (both my film and paper were Arista), I managed to shoot two "paper" exposures - 25 or 30 seconds - on film that should have been about 5 or 6. The reciprocity gods worked in my favor (I mean, at worst it's less than 3 stops over), I pulled development of those two sheets a little bit and they are fine.

Several of my destinations proved to be posted no trespassing, or buried in jungle to the extent they were adjudged not worth the effort. But I got a few shots, sent in this one:

That's a crane made by Phoenix Iron Company in Phoenixville, PA, still standing in the remains of some sort of railroad facility in Boyertown, PA. I also went through a roll of Acros in the Bronica for what I hope will be a near-abstract study series of this rusty metal. The negatives look good -- we shall see. Have a couple of shots to finish another roll in the Bronica started at that power plant.

(Maybe I should go for 8x10 in 2013.)
    Last edited by DWThomas; 04-30-2012 at 10:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    My contribution, Harman Titan, Delta 100, R09 1+50, Mod54...
    Love this image. Mice work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello again Mr. Fish, I didn't mean that name, I meant the nickname. Your Canon is Brutus and your Pentax is Pentaximus. And your Zero Image? Zippy? Sparky?? I'm sure you have a better one.

I also have the 612, and haven't even considered the 4x5 deluxe. Yet.

Cheers,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Squeak squeak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Hello again Mr. Fish, I didn't mean that name, I meant the nickname. Your Canon is Brutus and your Pentax is Pentaximus. And your Zero Image? Zippy? Sparky?? I'm sure you have a better one.

I also have the 612, and haven't even considered the 4x5 deluxe. Yet.

Cheers,

-- Mark

The mouse has just clambered out of the cot on a cold, wet May day. Yesterday it was the beach!!

'Zero' is the go-to name. Never thought of anything else for it.

I did have an Olympus XA a few years ago, which I fondly referred to as "Olly". Long gone, I'm now in the market for procuring another XA. "Olly II" if you will.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    ...since paper has virtually no reciprocity failure.

-Joe
    ...you know, I hadn't realised that! Explains why my exposure was off! This is my first semi-serious play with paper negs, so that's lesson one learnt!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Results from my first attempt with the Ilford Titan. Shot Saturday beating the all day rain showers we had Sunday. Ilford HP5 metered with my old Gossen Luna Pro and the Ilford exposure calculator and developed in ID 11 1:1.

Name:	ph begonia.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	50229

Name:	ph ficus 1.jpg 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	50230

Name:	ph ficus2.jpg 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	50231

Name:	ph oaks.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	50232

This is fun!

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Slight correction metered with my Ultra Pro the Luna Pro stayed home.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin