Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,359   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format

Selling on more than one site.

Hello,
    Is it alright to sell an item on two separate photography websites, or should it just be one at a time. Just thinking that it help to move an item faster.

Thanks.

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you mentionned it on both site, then it s ok. If you don t mention it, it could be disapointing for a buyer.

This is a very personnal point of view, like if i was a buyer.

All the best

Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to post classifieds on 2-3 forum sites at a time but always try to make sure to delete the ad or update it across all when items are sold. Especially if I have more than one item. I see this from other sellers as well. One thing I don't do is price them differently on different sites.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have no obligation to limit yourself to advertizing on one site only, nor do you need to disclose that you are advertizing in more that one place or that you have already sold an item. Though it would be a nice extra touch if you do let people know when an item sells, it is really not necessary.

Think of it as being like advertizing in the newspaper. Put as many ads as you want wherever you want as often as you want.

Shooter
    35mm
    The only issue I can see is when you're legally obliged to sell on one website, like eBay. If you list an item on eBay and then sold it here, for instance, you could be in trouble with eBay. As far as forums-only though, as others have said, the more the merrier. It's just polite to cancel the other listings when it sells, and keeps you from getting emails about a sold item.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With regard to ebay, you can end a listing without restriction if the listing has more than 12 hours left. If there are less than 12 hour there are some restrictions to cancelling.

Thus, if you list on ebay and then sell the item somewhere else you can cancel your listing without restriction, as long as there are still 12 hours or more left in the listing. If there are less than 12 hours then other rules apply.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin