Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,913   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Carrying case for Zero Image

Hello Pinholers!

I have a question regarding my beautiful Zero Image 45 and your opinion on best way to transport it. I have the 45 version with all the extensions and so far I've been carrying it in a Camelpack day pack with each individual frame in their boxes that came from the factory and the additional pieces like the exposure scale, tripod mount and cable release in a zip lock bag. My concern is that eventually these cardboard boxes will fall apart and I'll need a plan B. Does any of you have any alternative methods of transporting these peaces without major damage to the finish? I use it quite frequently so it's something I'll run into pretty soon.

Thanks for any help!
    Aleks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really like my Zero Image but it is a 120 multi format. I use a small pelican case, (Storm actually). Worst issue I've had is if I have 120 film in it (different issue than the 4x5) and the case rubs open the shutter so I open the case and see the camera is exposing. I just try to smile and hold still for 5 seconds. Self portrait not by design.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a small insulated lunch box. Depending on the size, you should be able to fit some loaded film holders in it too...

Quote Originally Posted by aleksmiesak View Post
    Hello Pinholers!

I have a question regarding my beautiful Zero Image 45 and your opinion on best way to transport it. I have the 45 version with all the extensions and so far I've been carrying it in a Camelpack day pack with each individual frame in their boxes that came from the factory and the additional pieces like the exposure scale, tripod mount and cable release in a zip lock bag. My concern is that eventually these cardboard boxes will fall apart and I'll need a plan B. Does any of you have any alternative methods of transporting these peaces without major damage to the finish? I use it quite frequently so it's something I'll run into pretty soon.

Thanks for any help!
    Aleks
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oooh, I like the lunch box idea! Never thought of that but that's pretty clever and won't cost as much as an actual photographers bag/case. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Really like my Zero Image but it is a 120 multi format. I use a small pelican case, (Storm actually). Worst issue I've had is if I have 120 film in it (different issue than the 4x5) and the case rubs open the shutter so I open the case and see the camera is exposing. I just try to smile and hold still for 5 seconds. Self portrait not by design.
    Pretty funny about the self portrait! This could turn into a funny portfolio of images! Do you actually get any usable images?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksmiesak View Post
    Pretty funny about the self portrait! This could turn into a funny portfolio of images! Do you actually get any usable images?
    No usable images yet, but may work on being more still longer, so far way to backlit pointing up at the sky when I open the case.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin