Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,574   Online: 774

Shooter
    35mm

My homebrew pinhole images

Hi,

Just thought I would add some images of my pinhole camera and some of the shots I have gained from it so far.

The camera is made of stiff card and a cut out of a beer can for a lens. It takes a 4.5 x 3.5" negative on 5x4" paper, the paper compartment is thick enough to hold approx 25 sheets with a divider so exposed paper can be moved to the back. This is a simple design which enables me to take multiple large format pinhole images on one trip out and about using a small changing bag to move the paper to the back.

The images are below are taken on Ilford Multigrade IV RC 5x4" paper, then scanned and inverted in photoshop. I will be purchasing a pack of Harman Positive when I place my next order with ag.

Hopefully one day my wood work skills will improve enough for me to build an actual light tight wooden box!

Hope you enjoy
    Jim

edit: Sorry about the quality of the picture of the camera, it was taken on my old phone last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the camera.jpg   pinhole_photography___ilford_multigrade___fox_by_thevdm-d5042zl.jpg   pinhole_photography___ilford_multigrade___pig_by_thevdm-d5043f2.jpg   pinhole_photography___ilford_multigrade___river_by_thevdm-d5041yv.jpg   pinhole_photography___ilford_multigrade__charlotte_by_thevdm-d5042em.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great work!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Very nice images and if you want some ideas for an optimum wooden box construction, check out the design of –

http://www.make-a-print.com/section462733.html

No pinhole camera has a more simple design.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Many thanks for the comments,

I have bookmarked the site as the wooden camera design does look very simplistic, it may be a good starting point for a first design, and at £35 inc shipping there not a bad price, would the customisation option include a design for 5x4?

Cheers
    Jim
    Last edited by TheVDM; 05-20-2012 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVDM View Post
    Many thanks for the comments,

I have bookmarked the site as the wooden camera design does look very simplistic, it may be a good starting point for a first design, and at £35 inc shipping there not a bad price, would the customisation option include a design for 5x4?

Cheers
    Jim
    No, but you could make a 5" X 4" version based on this design.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin