Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,882   Online: 901

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome, I haven't participated in any exchanges on this forum, but I have on others where the address is expected publicly.
    If you feel that would be a better way to do so, we can arrange that on the next go around, but I would like to try this out for this particular exchange.

P.S. If you would like to inform me on how an exchange normally works on this site feel free to PM me, I would like to know.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Well, I do not mind having this exchange organized outside of APUG and I am going to sign-in after I finish this post. So, if you like to organize it that way, that is how it is. But since you ask about APUG exchanges ...

In principal there are three different kinds of exchanges here:

The blind print exchange where each participant sends the address data to the organizer as a private message. And then the organizer sends around messages who you have to send your print to.

Group print exchanges, there are several and I organize the current small print exchange and also organized some of the lith print exchanges but there is also THE group print exchange and the alternative print exchange. There you sing-up via a message in the thread, then the organizer builds groups of three, four or five people and posts these groups in the thread. Then each participant sends a PM with the address data to the group peers.

The postcard exchange. This is kind of special since it really is more work to do compared to all the other exchanges, but somehow it is also the exchange with the most fun - in my opinion. I organized around 15 rounds of this so I know a bit about how much work it is. In this exchange address data is also send to the organizer via PM and then the organizer sends around PMs with address lists to the participants.

Well, and there is some other exchange I know of which is kind of special, it is the print trade where you trade a print in exchange of an other print, I would have to search for the thread where it is described.

But in none of the exchanges I listed above is address data printed in public. Address data is kept private and since everything is handled on APUG you do not even have to provide an email address. And feedback is given on APUG, how do I do this with your model? You do not ask for the APUG name, so if I provide feedback I have to do so by giving the real name of my peer in public. I know many people on APUG have their real name also as APUG name. But some prefer to not have it that way. Some may not want to send around their email-address etc.

And all that is the reason why I would prefer to have APUG print exchanges kept on APUG - I think it opens up the exchange for more people.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in note for any future exchanges and will keep it within APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    4 Days left to sign up!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can I still join? I'm located in The Netherlands, Europe. I'll join & post my info on the site for submitting...
    Do you know yet when I'm supposed to send my pinhole photo?
    I have a pinhole camera standing outside with an exposure of 4 months, that is due on October, 6th.
    If it works out, I can send this image. For more info on this project, see my post on the LinkedIn Pinhole group:
    http://www.linkedin.com/groups/simpl...%2Egmp_3703219
    Greetings from Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All the emails have been sent.
    Thanks to all who participated!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mailed my images across the pond.

One of them turned out to be wonderful. Used some Kodak Ektar since it is Fall. Here is one of my favorite images from the outing. Set my Zero Image camera to shoot 645 for the first time to squeeze a few more images out of the roll. I usually like 6x6.
    Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05390009.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Beautiful work
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBob View Post
    Beautiful work
    Thanks, I must admit I sat back in my chair when I saw the print.

I hope to see others work here from the exchange if that is OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ? Dead thread ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin