Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,046   Online: 794

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice. I'm thinking in build a density curve from zone I to VIII. It's the homework for today
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did you do your Zone I exposure test? Do the Zone VIII the same way but give 3 stops more time rather than 4 stops less time. You did not do your Zone I test yet?? IF not, you need to, as you know any change to your exposure index will change the density of Zone VIII irrespective of development time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    How did you do your Zone I exposure test? Do the Zone VIII the same way but give 3 stops more time rather than 4 stops less time. You did not do your Zone I test yet?? IF not, you need to, as you know any change to your exposure index will change the density of Zone VIII irrespective of development time.
    No I'm in the process, but I have to do it in the opposite direction, zone I is less time and zone VIII is more time. By the way, I'm using a Holga pinhole lens for Nikon, so I have to shoot and develop a roll for each test. So for a Zone I test I have to give 1/16th of the time needed for Zone V. The sequence for a full zone I to zone VIII should be the time exposure for zone V equals to 1 zone I 1/16, II 1/8, III 1/4, IV 1/2, V 1, VI 2, VII 4, VIII 8

Right?
    Last edited by Jose A Martinez; 07-26-2012 at 03:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I might interject here to say that, if using panchromatic film, you will also need to account for reciprocity failure. Some films require less than others, for instance Fuji Acros.

Good luck on your project.

~Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    sounds alright. i look for zone viiito develop to a density of 1.29.
    For what kind of film Ralph?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    I might interject here to say that, if using panchromatic film, you will also need to account for reciprocity failure. Some films require less than others, for instance Fuji Acros.

Good luck on your project.

~Joe
    I´m working with HP5+ developed in D76 1+1 for 11:30 mins. at 20º C. I made a roll with the exposure meter set at 125 ASA, thinking in the reciprocity failure. It is still washing, but, in an eye inspection I found it weak. I´ll measure it tomorrow when it´s dry, then I´ll know if I have to give longer exposures or give an stronger development, or both.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    For what kind of film Ralph?
    Maybe you mean to match what kind of paper or enlarger?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes, but don' ignore the reciprocity compensation.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Maybe you mean to match what kind of paper or enlarger?
    for what kind of film Tri X, HP5 ??? that the zone VIII would have density of 1.29? I checked characterisitic curves of many film and found that it also depend on how the film is developed. so the question is what type of film and what the development time would yield a density of 1.29 for zone VIII exposure?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    for any and all fims!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin