Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,828   Online: 1122

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zero 4x5 w/ Fuji FP100C ?

Ages ago, on a whim, I bought a second-hand Zero Image 4x5, and more recently a suitable DDS to go with it; My intention had always been to use Direct Positive paper, but just today I saw this thread in the LF forum http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/1...-film-4x5.html which gave me to wonder about how it might be possible to use FP100C with the Zero?

Is it limited to using a Polaroid back or are there cheap/dirty options?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi,

I don't have a Zero Image box, but I use a 4x5 pinhole camera very similar to it. I posted last year an example on the Gallery here !

I use a Polaroid 405C back. I don't know how is made the back of Zero Image, but it should cope with the Polaroid holder thickness.

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks Raphael, though I can;t see the gallery as I'm not a subscriber.
    trouble is the Polaroid backs cost more than I paid for the camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't see how polaroid is a cheap option, the film is expensive as far as I see. The images can be great, but so can film images, if trying cheap use RC paper. The back should go on, there is no slots just rubber bands to hold the filmholder to the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My only experience with fuji instant in a pinhole wasn't great. Reciprocity failure in the fuji color instant is serious, and it color shifts toward green as that happens. If you want fuzzy color photos, get a holga or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    info about reciprocity failure and colour shift is useful and helpful.

contemptuous remarks implying I want fuzzy holga type pictures is rude, unhelpful and goes a long way towards destroying my initial good impression of APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For pinhole photography the FP-3000B black/white with 3000 ASA may be an option.
    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...ilms/fp_3000b/

There are also links to pdf files with reciprocity data. Below these links I now see that for FP-3000B and the FP-100C
    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...films/fp_100c/
    FUJI now writes explicitly:
    "*The shipment has finished for 10.2 x 13.1cm[4 x 5 size]."
    Last edited by Heinz; 07-31-2012 at 11:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fancy colors ?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    thanks Raphael, though I can;t see the gallery as I'm not a subscriber.
    trouble is the Polaroid backs cost more than I paid for the camera!

Ah, sorry, I'll try to put the image in public attachement here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casemate_anse_bertheaume_1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	54615

For the polaroid back princing, It's rather a matter of luck, but I still see some going off not too high on the *bay.

About reciprocity, I personnally found colors are much more faithfull with Fuji FP100C that all my previous tries with genuine polaroid, but I recognize I haven't ventured in the long exposure realm with these instant films.

How do you find the colors of the above picture ? Light fall-off apart, and being on the scene, I assure you these are "flashy", but close to reality.

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    info about reciprocity failure and colour shift is useful and helpful.

contemptuous remarks implying I want fuzzy holga type pictures is rude, unhelpful and goes a long way towards destroying my initial good impression of APUG.
    You'll learn we all have different tastes regarding photography and our diverse interests in styles we favor makes this place an interesting creative place.

If soft color photos don't do much for me, it should be of no concern to anyone.

I have a good respect for fuzzy holga images having seen some nice portfolions done with them by other people. but I generally use large format soft lenses for the variety of effects and longer focal lengths with B&W film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin