Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,084   Online: 931

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post

Paper negatives are ideal for a hybrid workflow of paper negative that's then scanned to digital for processing and printing or posting online, easier than any film.

~Joe
    Trust Joe, he's very good at this sort of thing.

I miss Bozeman. I spent most of the '70's there, graduating in '79. Tough to make a living though.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did use some Ilford positive paper when I first got my pinhole but had some difficult time with the learning curve and the sensitivity of the paper. I have found actual negative film to be a little easier to control with some pleasing results.

Here are two of my negs from that weekend of backpacking. I have a few more sheets to process but wanted to share these as they came out a little better then I expected. These are scans that have been processed a bit in LightRoom to get close to what I would like them to look like when I get a chance to print them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46-1.jpg   47-1.jpg  
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both are excellent!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Alex, they both came out well. They look great. Did you do filtering, and if so, what was it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those two images are ust as I would expect from a Zero Image pinhole camera — primal beauty with a nod to the photographer's perceptual and visual arrangement. Neato!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Miller View Post
    Alex, they both came out well. They look great. Did you do filtering, and if so, what was it?
    I know the sun star shot was shot without any filters. I am not sure about the other one. I should have kept better notes but it was a little tough with this backpacking thing. I think once I have a chance to process the other sheets I might have something to compare the images with and would be able to figure out which ones were shot with filters (I hope...).

Thank you all for the kind words!
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Aleks, I've just tried the very same thing., filters with pinhole. I used a deep red filter behind the pinhole to enhance the seperation of sky and clouds. It also had the added benefit of cutting through the industrial haze we sometimes get in the Northeast. But a word of warning, make sure the filter is absolutely perfectly clean and blemish free. The slightest mark will show up on the negative. I'll post the scans of my latest effort so you can see what I mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin