Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 794

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

What would be the best SLR to get for a beginner?

I'm planning on starting a beginners photography course in September but don't know what kind of camera to get. I want a DSLR or SLR whichever is best? For around £350 and one that will kind of grow with me if that makes sense, so as I advance into intermediate and advanced I can begin to use new features with it such as new lenses etc. Any ideas?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jhonmartinvish View Post
    I'm planning on starting a beginners photography course in September but don't know what kind of camera to get. I want a DSLR or SLR whichever is best? For around £350 and one that will kind of grow with me if that makes sense, so as I advance into intermediate and advanced I can begin to use new features with it such as new lenses etc. Any ideas?
    How about an I-phone.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All questions relating to Digi should be posed on our sister site--DPUG. If you are interrested in film SLR, you are in the correct place. Be prepared to read many opinions on film cameras.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to ask www.dpug.org We all shoot film around here. Good luck with your class and have fun! If you want to develop skills that will last a life time start with film who knows you might love it! We all do

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i suggest a nikon fm. be prepared to hear many other suggestion about people's favorite cameras. there are so many good ones out there. my 2nd suggestion is a usedhasselblad 500.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First, welcome to APUG.

Second, does your school work with both digital and analog cameras over the course of the program? Does your school have cameras available to check out during the course? I'd contact your professor and ask them for recommendations.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The focus on APUG is analog photography, so it's best to ask about a good SLR here. If you are planning to learn both digital and film, then you might ask over on DPUG where the scope of the site includes hybrid and digital imaging. Personally, I think a basic manual SLR is a great place to start, something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...LR_Camera.html

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You asked SLR or DSLR, which ever is best. SLR usually refers to film camera where as DSLR is a digital camera. (Technically speaking, SLR refers to both)

Which do you want? I prefer Nikon F100 (which is a film SLR) with B&W film in it but that's my preference. With F100, there is nothing I can't do, equipment wise. It's just a matter of knowing how to do it - which meets your requirement of "growing with" the camera.

With your budget, you are pretty much limited to a low end digital gear or a really nice film gear. The choice really is yours.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the nikon N80 is the best camera ever and I just happen have one for sale.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    I once wanted to buy an N80 but the ebay seller took my money and run so I didn't have an N80.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin