Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,866   Online: 807

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

DIY 8X10 Pinhole camera

Does anyone have any successful experience building an 8X10 pinhole camera? Anyone know of plans for such a beast? If not, does anyone have any experience/suggestions on cutting the slot into which the little ridge at the top of the film holder slips? I'm thinking of some sort of rubber band attachmnet structure like used on the Zero IMage cameras. Any ideas? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can post you a photo of one. Quite simple really

Here is one for a foamcore. Just alter sizes and materials
    http://pinhole.stanford.edu/foamcore.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the plans. I'd originally planned on foamcore, however have changed my mind and will be using 1/2 birch plywood. Some of these dimensions will be helpful. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my 4x5 version, I put a layer of black hobby foam on the surface the film holder rests against. I trimmed a groove in the foam where the locating rib on the film holder hit. The cut-out in the foam was such that the rib was just inside the opening except for the where it extended over the side frames. I've never had an 8x10 holder in my paws, but I imagine something similar could work.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Get a copy of Primitive Photography

By far the best book on the subject. I show it off in my class on film developing, and people are just amazed that such a book exists. It is the first book since the early 1900's that includes the entire process of camera making and emulsion making--- All of the old books started with first principles---
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made both a 4x5 and an 8x10 inch pinhole camera. The design was the same for both, with just a change in size:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I made both a 4x5 and an 8x10 inch pinhole camera. The design was the same for both, with just a change in size:

I fat fingered the links to the last two images.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post

Love it, me wants! Actually, I am building something very similar in 16x20 soon, so take that!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have this book and yes, it is a good one. It doesn't however have plans for a pinhole camera. Plans for others but not pinhole. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Love it, me wants! Actually, I am building something very similar in 16x20 soon, so take that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin