Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 984

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Does anyone have any links to a build your own 4x5?
    Try http://robroy.dyndns.info/lawrence/mammoth.html.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Klainmeister I like it!.. have you posted any of the 16x20 results?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Does anyone have any links to a build your own 4x5?
    Oops, my previous reply had the wrong link. I need to doublecheck everything I do! Here is the right link: http://home.online.no/~gjon/pinhole.htm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColRay View Post
    Hi Klainmeister I like it!.. have you posted any of the 16x20 results?
    Because of the Holidays and some truck maintenance, haven't the money to buy some 16x20 DPP yet.

...although maybe very soon.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have made some of my own pinhole cameras, but by far, prefer the commercially available ones. Maybe some day this will change, but many of the available cameras are very beautiful pieces to work with in their own right.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i buy laser-shot pinholes frompaul koza @ munich university, very clean and accurate.

Paul.Koza@physik.uni-muenchen.de
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I had the necessary skills and tools to make one I would do it. I think the satisfaction from having a home made one is that much greater. Alas, I do love my Zero Image 45. It has all the things that I would probably be too lazy to make on my own like the interchangeable pinhole sizes and zone plates and I can adjust focal length. That alone was worth it in itself as I don't shoot a lot of very wide shots. Flexibility was what sold me on Zero Image, and that was also its appeal over the mighty Harman's Titan. Although Titan 8x10 system sounds very appealing.

Have fun building and show us your progress!
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm (since this popped up again) -- in my earlier answer I interpreted the question as being about the actual pinhole plates rather than the entire camera. Stepping up the hierarchy to the entire camera, I've been a little less DIY -- sort of. A pinhole lens board for a 4x5 press camera was my first effort, a pinhole body cap for my Bronica SQ-A was the second. The third effort, in 2011, was a complete from scratch 4x5 (= UK 5x4 ) except for using standard filmholders.

Almost everything I've ever done with pinholes is online for what it may be worth. I must confess to a few impure thoughts about something larger, but it probably won't happen this year.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    i buy laser-shot pinholes frompaul koza @ munich university, very clean and accurate.

Paul.Koza@physik.uni-muenchen.de
    On his e-bay site Paul Koza states that he drills his holes instead of laser "shooting".

The two samples he shows, drilled versus laser-shot, with the drilled one looking finer, got the same image size.
    But they are actually apart in diameter by factor 2.5 or at its best 1,7, to the actual benefit of the "coarser" laser one...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lochblende-Lo...item2a26c4c015

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm currently re-processing some of my pinholes from last year. Mid year I switched from a home made pinhole to a 'factory' made (some guy in Germany makes them with laser). I can see a clear difference in image quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin