Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,158   Online: 825
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    RalphLambrecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Central florida,USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,715
    Images
    1
    nothing has changed,quality lenses are still coming from germany
    Regards

    Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

  2. #22
    EKDobbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    124
    I think the difference is slight until you get into the bigger enlargements like 8x10. I also use paper, which has much lower accutance than film of similar size.

    I only made my own brass one because I didn't like how fragile the tinfoil was, and I couldn't find any thinner/better metal than 1/1000th inch brass. The prices on prefab ones is ridiculous, considering the spirit of pinhole is simplicity.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

  3. #23
    NedL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sonoma County, California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    956
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    nothing has changed,quality lenses are still coming from germany
    I make my own. It's fun and it's not much trouble.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    53
    Here are multiple thoughts.

    The Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day website has a resources page with lots of excellent information.
    http://www.pinholeday.org/support/

    I use both purchased and home-made pinholes - and purchased and home-made cameras as well - depending on the need or use for the camera. For solargraphs, multi-month outdoor exposures, I use home-made cameras with home-made pinholes. I have a few series of identical home-made single-shot cameras, and I want all the cameras to have the same - same exposure times and quality of image. This can best be achieved with identical purchased pinholes. There is generally a Zero 2000 and a Pinhole Blender in my car at all times.

    The best purchased pinholes are electron microscope slides. EMS slides were mentioned earlier in this thread. They have to be purchased in bulk; but it works out to be less than 30 cents (.3 USD) per pinhole.

    The best material for hand-made pinholes is probably disposable aluminum steam tray lids (from Party City and similar stores). They are thin, thin sheets and for a dollar or so per sheet you can make dozens of pinholes.

    A shameless plug: the next Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is April 28, 2013. It is coming up fast, and home-made or purchased... join in!

  5. #25
    RalphLambrecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Central florida,USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,715
    Images
    1
    i don't like cheap, but there is nothing wrong with frugal;big difference.
    Regards

    Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    3
    I'm having difficulty with my pinhole camera that I made. When I develop the paper that I exposed (for 2 mins) the only thing that appears on the paper is the image of the hole. I have no clue what to do?

  7. #27
    TheToadMen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands, Europe
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    1,609
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by kayrode View Post
    I'm having difficulty with my pinhole camera that I made. When I develop the paper that I exposed (for 2 mins) the only thing that appears on the paper is the image of the hole. I have no clue what to do?
    Hello Kayrode,
    Welcome to the forum!

    Could you describe your camera and how you use it? And post a picture of it? Otherwise it is hard to advise. And post the developed paper to give us an idea of what happened. Was it blurred or a sharp and round image of a hole?

    For now it would be guessing, but it could be that:
    - the pinhole is too large
    - light is reflecting/bouncing inside the camera, thus blurring the image
    - the photo paper was loaded backwards, thus exposing through the photo paper?

    For the first problem, use the Pinhole Designer at http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/ to calculate the right pinhole size.
    For the second problem, paint the camera matt black on the inside of put a piece of black paper on the inside for eliminating reflections.
    For the third problem, test again and mark the photo paper upfront so you know what side should face the pinhole.

    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup


    * I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hello Kayrode,
    Welcome to the forum!

    Could you describe your camera and how you use it? And post a picture of it? Otherwise it is hard to advise. And post the developed paper to give us an idea of what happened. Was it blurred or a sharp and round image of a hole?

    For now it would be guessing, but it could be that:
    - the pinhole is too large
    - light is reflecting/bouncing inside the camera, thus blurring the image
    - the photo paper was loaded backwards, thus exposing through the photo paper?

    For the first problem, use the Pinhole Designer at http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/ to calculate the right pinhole size.
    For the second problem, paint the camera matt black on the inside of put a piece of black paper on the inside for eliminating reflections.
    For the third problem, test again and mark the photo paper upfront so you know what side should face the pinhole.

    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup
    I tried a few different styles in pinhole cameras, one shoe box, a bigger box and a oats box. All three are painted black in the inside and I used a dr pepper can to do the pinhole except the largest box which I wanted to try foil. They were all consistent but when I would develop the paper it would be gray with just the hole. At first I thought maybe the hole wasn't big enough to get an image but making the hole a bit larger didn't do anything. I know the photo paper was in correctly glossy side up. I've made a pinhole in the past but never had this problem.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    3

    Photos Of Pinhole Cameras

    These the cameras I was using and one of the photo paper that I developed.
    Thanks!
    Kayla
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo(1).JPG   photo(2).JPG   photo(3).JPG   photo(4).JPG  

  10. #30
    Gadfly_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    201
    Images
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by kayrode View Post
    These the cameras I was using and one of the photo paper that I developed.
    Thanks!
    Kayla
    A couple of things come to mind;

    1. The materials your cameras are made from may not be opaque enough. The paper seems pretty uniformly fogged.

    2. Is the paper good to start with? Was it loaded properly? To check if the paper is still good, I'd process an unexposed sheet to verify.

    3. What's your exposure time? It's possible that you have more than one thing going wrong (i.e., camera leaks light coupled with not enough or too much exposure).

    4. I'd also check your pinhole size. Optimal pinhole size will vary depending on the size of your recording media (paper or film) and the desired focal length.

    Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin