Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,495   Online: 1103

Shooter
    Multi Format

First pinhole image: downtown Chestnut Hill

Shot my first pinhole image today, the weather was really overcast. There is a lot I would change, but I'm learning.

Shot on Ilford RC Deluxe #2, ISO 6, f/160, 5min exposure

Developed by inspection in Caffenol-C, Stop in water, fixed for 2 min in Aristafix.

it was shot 4x5 and then photographed digitally and inverted/cropped. I want to get it on the scanner tomorrow to see what I really have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Pinhole Photodscan.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks really good for your first PinHole

Shooter
    Large Format
    Really cool. Thanks for sharing. Is the camera something you made?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks,

The camera is home made from black foamcore, it's about 5x6 on the outside, and 160mm focal length. The backs are hinged, the pinholes are cut from .002" thick brass shim stock mounted on a black matte board disk. It allowed me to make something that looked good from the front and kept the pinhole distance calculations simple. I'll post a photo later.

The pinhole was cut in the usual manner, poked with a pin, then sanded and rolled to size. I tested them buy holding the pinhole up to my eye, tuning it into a small camera obscura. This confirmed that they were round, not egg shaped, by my best measuring I think the pinholes are around .003" diameter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cool! I made one out of foam core a few years back. I just poked a hole in aluminum foil...with a pin. Worked pretty well but no tripod mount made it kinda hard to use.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Be careful, very careful, the PH habit can become addictive, very addictive

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very nice....cool that your doing experimental stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Funny, I haven't been on here very much and I log in and see this post - right in my own neighborhood! Where was this taken? I can't quite place it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    iamzip,

Maybe because I didn't flip it horizontally, it's at the corner of Creshem Valley Rd and Germantown ave. I pulled up at the flower stand, stuck it on the hood of my truck and sat for 5 minutes and U'd it and left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love pinholes, paper negatives and homemade cameras. Isn't it cool that you can build something like that, stick a piece of photo paper in it, and come up with an image! Great start, look forward to seeing more!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin