Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,286   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

5x7 pinhole camera?

Hi guys

I see from the Titan 10x8 thread that a few people expressed a wish for a 5x7 which Simon said wouldn't be happening. My reason for browsing tonight was to see if anyone had experience of a 5x7 camera currently listed on the auction site, but I'm guessing that there would have been a thread on it if anyone had anything good or bad to say? Besides 5x7 you'll see it can take holders for the metric sized 13x18mm, so that might open up a few alternative films. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1809594993...84.m1423.l2649

Thanks, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter- I've seen the advert, too. I'm intrigued (I have a 5x7 enlarger), and the feedback comments are very positive. Good price and an (apparently) honest seller. Seems like a safe purchase to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks OK but really depends on the quality of the pinhole, there is no mention on what sort it is, is it homemade, laser?.
    The pinhole diameter for that film to hole is (to me anyway) is to small, I would rather see a .3mm pinhole.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It does look like a bargain when compared to many other pinhole cameras. I agree that the pinhole may be slightly small, although good for macro pinhole photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies guys, although I guess I'll need to read more about the size of the pinhole to fully understand why that one might be too small. In the meantime, I've gone for a Noon pinhole that uses 120 and can take 6x12, 6x9 or 6x6 shots and I've got plenty of OOD Ilford film to practice with. I'll be back looking for help in the coming weeks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    i've contacted this guy a few weeks ago. i'm still waiting for answers with my questions in my second email but i didn't heard from him yet. i was planning on to get his 8x10 it looks nice. what advantage of this pinhole is the filter ring and lenscap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x10-LARGE...item2a233786ac
    FILM GUERILLA
    Film Photography All Day, Everyday!

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He filter ring just allows easy use of IR filter and traditional B&W filters. The lens cap makes a convenient shutter.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    up! anyone already bought pinhole from the guy?
    FILM GUERILLA
    Film Photography All Day, Everyday!

FILM PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    FG Blog

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin