Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,603   Online: 824

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Attended a pinhole workshop today, built a camera from a wine box. Here's the picture I submitted to pinholeday.org
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took out a newly built 8x10 -- so new it still smells of varnish! I fear I really cut this one down to the wire. At the end I was fighting sunset trying to do a quick test yesterday, but cobbled together as much info as I could. Today I set out for destination #1 (Lock Ridge Furnace in Alburtis, PA) with my entire inventory of two 8x10 filmholders loaded with Arista EDU #2 grade RC paper. I also took my previous creation, a 4x5 and a few holders loaded with that paper, plus some Arista Ultra 100 film.

The plan was that destination #2 was in the opposite direction from my house, so I came home to develop the 8x10s and see what I got, figuring to adjust and try again if need be. To my pleasant surprise, all four 8x10 shots look promising (they are washing as I e-speak) so I've decided to call it a day, as the sudden onrush of spring is producing lots of yard work.

I will next develop the four 4x5 films with some trepidation. The f-stops of the two cameras are different, and film has a significant reciprocity failure so I have these tables ... I also have a Sekonic L-508 that can deal with two ISO settings. Alas, I think I may have made every possible permutation of wrong table columns/wrong ISO measurement. But I view pinhole as a sort of loose process anyway, so we'll just forge ahead. Since the paper negatives look decent, I'll not worry about the film.

Heartwarming, the first sight that greeted me as I approached this historic site was a guy with an Arca Swiss monorail measuring away with a Sekonic spot meter. He was shooting B&W and impressed with my pinhole monster. We had a good chat, and I mentioned APUG. There was also a group of folks exercising cameras on a model, using the old stone ruins as a backdrop. I imagine they were electrocuting defenseless bits, but the place was busy.

When I get the stuff dry enough to scan, I'll post one or two somewhere here.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shot five 120 roll films today with three cameras:
    - Natasha 617 (four negatives of 6x17 cm on one film)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6x18_pinhole_camera_Natasha.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	67962
    - old Gevabox, converted into a pinhole camera by me (negatives 6x9 cm)

Name:	gevabox_camera_org2.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	67963
    - Agfa Clack, converted into a pinhole camera by me (negatives 6x6 cm).

Name:	agfa-click1.jpg 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	67964
    It was a lovely day with lots of sunshine. I took a walk of about 3 hours shooting flowers, trees, fields,
    a small creek and some sheep. Since it was all outdated colour film, I can't develop it myself.
    I'll send it off this week and will post some images later.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    I took out a newly built 8x10 -- so new it still smells of varnish!
    Hi Dave,
    I took a peek at your camera on your site and it looks great! I especially like the cone shaped front. Can't wait to see your images.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just tray-developed 2 sheets of 5x4 Foma 200 in APH09 1:50, shot in my Zero45
    Took me "n" minutes to realise my darkroom timer had stopped working, so I guesstimated the time. Annoying but it was sort of OK in the end

One well exposed and properly developed, the other I now realise I made a complete cock of, incorrectly calculating the exposure+reciprocity and so is grossly underexposed. Very thin, very annoying, Pity as it what is there looks as if it should have been quite pleasing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm on the West coast of the US, so it's only about half over. Like Dave I had two destinations in mind... had a wonderful morning, came home developed the 3 papers and they are hanging to dry. One looks very good. Pre-flashed some more paper and have all three cameras loaded and ready to go out again... my daughter is going with me this time and we should have fun. Will write more later, meanwhile off to more pinholing!

Edit: the three papers are 5x7, 8x10 and 11x14...t hey look neat hanging to dry all in row from small to large!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I "finished" my foamcore 8x10 in time to test it last Wed and got two reasonably decent shots with it, so I used it today. But, it was raining and pretty cloudy. I don't have a clue if they will come out 'cause I won't be able to develop them until Wed, but I'll keep my fingers crossed until then. If I have a chance, I might try to do something with my 4x5 one tonight. The clouds are clearing off, I think, so I might have a chance with some old Tri-X I have loaded. I used some older Arista ortho lith film with the 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot a roll of Fuji Acros with my converted Brownie today in NYC with the B&H group. Won't have the results until later in the week, though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the day's results are up in my PBase gallery. I feel as though I'm still not quite where I want to be in the world of paper negatives, but the results were better than last year. Those are inverted scans, when I get some time (and a suitable piece of glass!) I want to try contact printing a couple of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is what I submitted:

Name:	Piano.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	331.5 KB 
ID:	68031

It was a wet day, so I made do with a 5 and 1/2 hour indoor exposure, on X-ray film.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin