Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,305   Online: 862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So when does the manufacturing start? Will I see these at Freestyle???

Very cool. Nicely done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As is said, "Time is money" and this took a little time to construct. It was however a really fun project and "Time does fly when you are having fun." The design is simple and the most difficult part was probably finding the metric drill bit to drill the hole for installing the pinhole and tripod socket. Both holes consist of a larger hole drilled part of the way into the wood, with another sized one drilling through the wood. Each of these need to be fairly precise. The only thing I might change would be to put a tripod socket of the side so I could comfortably make a horizontal shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a beautiful piece of work, Bill!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Must make some wonderful photos
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    8 exposures last week and 8 more loaded this week. I've been pleased with some and not so much with others. It does, however depend more on the guy behind the camera than the camera. I would assert that designing and building one from the ground up gives one a little more of a relationship with the "box" than buying it off the shelf. I do have a few "off the shelf" pinholes. This project has had me travel down some paths I might not have traveled were it not for the project. It also has me having fun on the journey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    8 exposures last week and 8 more loaded this week. I've been pleased with some and not so much with others. It does, however depend more on the guy behind the camera than the camera. I would assert that designing and building one from the ground up gives one a little more of a relationship with the "box" than buying it off the shelf. I do have a few "off the shelf" pinholes. This project has had me travel down some paths I might not have traveled were it not for the project. It also has me having fun on the journey.
    Agreed, the whole definitely becomes greater than the sum of its parts. Building from scratch, (even with my rudimentart tools and skills) you are responsible for your camera's strengths as well as its weaknesses. Even the way you load and expose your film becomes part of that camera's unique signature.

Can't wait to see more images from your beautiful camera.

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just posted two new images in the standard gallery. These were done after some attempts were made at stopping the light leaks. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a little hard to see on the lighter-toned print, but more obvious on the other. It's not really all that bad, but I'm sure you are looking for better results. I can't really see the back on your pictures of he camera so don't know what to say. A bail back would probably fix things, but it's a radical design shift for your beautiful camera. Tighter elastics? Black felt on rails? As I said, it's not too bad, Bill.

Cheers,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree with Tom, almost invisible on the lighter print. Those negatives must look amazing. I like the fence posts and barn... great depth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a double thickness of foam (originally started with one) and bent it in the middle in a V shape to put it in the corners. Originally (on first layer) butted the bottom and side. Seemed to improve, but not fix. I'm still thinking it through. Don't think it is the rubber bands. I'm thinking about putting a piece of masonite on top of the holder and then attaching the rubber bands. Equalizing the pressure and protecting the back side of the holder while exposing the other side. I'm think the back side may be where the light leak is occuring from possible distortion from the rubber bands.
    BB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin