Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,132   Online: 876

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photos of 8 X 10 pinhole camera

I posted some images in the standard gallery and have had a question or two about the camera. I thought I had posted completed pictures here, however guess I didn't. Camera was made as a 3-D printmaking project. There is a woodcut on the front and three silk screens on three of the sides. Pinhole and tripod socket by Skink. Bill Barber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera 1.jpg   pinhole guy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    very cool

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You look very proud and I think that I would be proud too...

Images
    All to often these homemade cameras lack some personality, and connection to the owner. This one has both. The camera is a work of art in itself.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's quite a nice piece of work, intriguing to look at as well as use.

I confess to some thoughts about stepping up to 8x10 myself. But so far I've been working with either 4x5, for which I have a dozen holders owned since dinosaurs roamed the earth, or roll film. That allows me to go out and take a dozen or more shots on a major trek. If I do a big one, I'd like to use 8x10 holders, for which the going rate is a bit off-putting -- but then, it's a hobby, so it might still happen! (I've been looking at ePrey occasionally.) I figure this year I will try and hone in on the paper negative process which has been a little dodgy for me so far, and maybe next year do some heavy construction.

Your results definitely offer some inspiration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have built a really cool pinhole camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like the chevy... the light leak is minimal not very noticeable. What a great looking camera! The one I'm working on will be incredibly boring compared to this work of art!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    love your camera ( and the work made from it ! )
    the woodcuts and silk screens are beautiful ...
    the eye means so many different things,
    all seeing, all knowing, window to the world
    and it also keeps away evil spirits ..

very cool !
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beautiful, Bill!
    Question... (though I think the answer is no...) Does the graphic on the side depict the actual angle of view of your camera? The reason I ask is that even though when I built my camera I knew intellectually and theoretically what its specifications were, I found it really helpful to sketch the angle of view along the top of the box. It is one thing to stand behind a camera with the understanding that you have 133 degrees coverage, but it immensely more helpful to have actual sight lines to follow in the field.
    Great work. It is very inspiring.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The angle of view is almost exactly the same as a 28mm on my 35mm camera, so I use one of my spare bodies and lenses to estimate where I need to be. So far it has worked pretty well. Bill Barber

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin