Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,985   Online: 807

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice shot sly, I have been considering using Selectol Soft developer for the DPP to control the contrast of unflashed paper.

It was used in the past to give about a half grade reduction in contrast. The DPP is suppose to be about grade 3, so 2 1/2 may be ok.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I've experimented with preflashing DPP. I printed old lantern slides on it last winter, and had done lots of testing to find a preflash that brought down the contrast just enough. My first test was grossly over-exposed, so more testing gave me an ISO of 12 to work with. Didn't get anything I was happy about. High contrast sunny scenes were still lacking detail in the high and low values, while scenes with lower contrast just turned out muddy. I like the idea of DPP, as life has been giving me only snippets of time for photography lately. Expose, run the paper quickly through developer, stop, fix, and wash - ta da! Finished print! Quick, but not so great if I can't get something I want to keep. I'm sure with more experimentation and lots more time, I could get there, but I'm too busy and impatient (and almost out of DPP). I shot a few negs and developed today. I've posted a flatbed scan of one in the gallery. There's more detail in the highlights than the scan will pick up, and I'm excited about printing it, when time allows.
    I've got a few days off coming up, so I'll have a bit more time for photography play. I'll try to ignore the garden -it's been screaming for attention for weeks now.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Other options for the titan 4x5

Simon,
    I sent a query to Ilford about the longer 110 and 150 cones. No reply. Are they for sale yet?

BTW, I love the little beasty, took some HP5 exposures of the famous Taos N. M. church Adams and Strand photographed years ago. Still need to develop them.

Thanks,
    Howard
    Howard

The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. - Paul Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered the 110 cone some months ago, and finally took delivery 2 weeks ago, so they are available. I do like the perspective, wide but not too wide. Great to have a choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    @ Sly
    thanks for sharing, nice image and I like the wave action in the background
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Howard,

All accessories have been available for some time.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by largeformat65 View Post
    post some images when you can!
    a couple of cyanotypes from negatives, which I have made using the 8x10 Titan. Film was FP4+, exposures in the 30-45s range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BowBuilding.jpg   AldredBuilding.jpg  

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Especially like the first one, Fred!

Not using mine right now. Will get back to it when my cast comes off in September.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks, I also like it myself, I thought it was a need trick, in that there is no trace if the tripod and camera itself in the picture, though its a glass and steel building façade.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi FredW,

Nice work with the 8x10 camera, I just wanted to say something about your cyanotype negatives: I think your negatives are a little thin for cyanotype, because the contrast is somehow lower than what you should normally get. What film / developer / development time combination was that? Cyanotype usually needs something like 1.5-2x the development time compared standard silver gelatin...

Regards,
    Loris.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin