Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,076   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    It might be a silly question but how do you get a positive image from a paper?
    You contact print to another sheet of paper. Or you order this:
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp?n=65

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Going to order this next week when I get paid

http://www.pinholeresource.com/index...ret-kit-detail

Sure its expensive, but when you think of what it offers I believe its a good deal, plus it mounts in a copal 0/1 lens board so I can also use it with my existing LF cameras.
    It sounds like a luxurious pinhole for a foam core camera. The price of that pinhole might buy a basic 8x10 view camera and a few home-made pinholes on improvised lens boards, a more versatile system.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $300? Seriously?

Think how many pinholes you could make out of $300 worth of beer cans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa! I have to admit my first reaction to that kit was "wow, a high-priced solution looking for a problem." But then again, it's the OP's money, and the beauty of hobbies is they don't have to be economically justified. You could mount a step-up ring of suitable size and use a second ring (or work with the old series adapters and retainers) to allow clamping in a pinhole plate and achieve relatively quick interchange for way less money. But, if the OP indeed has (or has ambitions toward) LF cameras, mayhaps it all makes sense.

To me the biggest problem is that the camera box to mount that turret thingy on should be mahogany or cherry with polished brass fittings, and maybe some decorative inlays, to be consistently fashionable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not a fan of the foam core idea. If it's featherweight, be hard to keep steady outdoors.

Had this beauty idea some years ago to make a bunch of 5X7 cams out of those styrofoam coolers hospitals use to ship medicine in. Made a bunch of film holders, made maybe 30 pinholes and picked the best ones for hole to film distance, did all the math.

Problem was, the containers were white. Nothing a few cans of matte black paint won't fix.

Spread out newspaper in the garage and gave them the first coat. Came back half hour later, and they were melted. Turns out toluene and styrofoam do not mix well.

I don't know if foam core has the same issue with paint or glue, but might want to test first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suspect there might be a similar problem with foamcore. You could use black foamcore to eliminate the paint, and the water-based glues - Elmer's, Titebond, etc. to minimize solvent exposure. Brushing on a flat black latex paint might avoid the solvent problem too. (Or very light spray coats spread out over time.)

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    Not a fan of the foam core idea. If it's featherweight, be hard to keep steady outdoors.
    Had this beauty idea some years ago to make a bunch of 5X7 cams out of those styrofoam coolers hospitals use to ship medicine in. Made a bunch of film holders, made maybe 30 pinholes and picked the best ones for hole to film distance, did all the math.
    Problem was, the containers were white. Nothing a few cans of matte black paint won't fix.
    Spread out newspaper in the garage and gave them the first coat. Came back half hour later, and they were melted. Turns out toluene and styrofoam do not mix well.
    I don't know if foam core has the same issue with paint or glue, but might want to test first.
    You could use Duct tape. I made once a 360 degrees camera with 8 pinholes out of wood and covered it with Duct tape. It shoots one image on a whole 120 roll film.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin