Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,982   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to see that your link disappeared from your original post, but tracked the article down via your blog site anyway. I found your article really interesting, concise and easily understood - not just the how, but the why of using a light meter for pinhole work. Thanks for taking the time to write up the article and also for sharing it with those of us who enjoy learning new things and hearing about how others work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank You SM Booth ... that is a very sad commentary on human nature
    On the other hand, I have mitigated the word spelling, so it should be okay now.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ignoring the pedantry --- in attempting to view this article, the intro (and apparently link) to it on your site is obscured by a redbubble slide show that I can't seem to get around?

(Running Firefox 21.0 on Win7 64bit for the 2 cents that may be worth.)

Although pinhole is not my primary interest, I have participated in WPPD every year since 2005 and keep using it as an excuse to indulge in some crazy craftsmanship on cameras!

Similar to what Loris describes, I normally make myself a pocket sized chart that goes from an exposure time for f/22 to what's needed for the specific film and camera; using reciprocity compensation if needed. The program Pinhole Designer can actually produce an Excel spreadsheet table** using readings at f/22 and has compensation for a few films built in. I usually reformat and truncate the chart, as a compensated exposure of 1795 hours seems unlikely, since I don't normally add a folding cot to my gear!

** The latest updates of Office 2007 grumble about possible security risks when opening said table, no doubt because the program dates back to the start of the millennium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin