Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,916   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Color Separation-Can Hole Diameter be used to Separate RGB?

Thanks to everyone for your input.
    I wonder, could precise hole diameter be used to separate primery colors? The hole diameter would need to be very accurate. Is this even feasable?
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bill,

I read a research article from Philips Holland. It was about a tv screen which could Show all the color spectrum. There was millions of little slits and an electric activated muscle like polymer which could change the slit opening width with minute detail. It was working with 500 volt electricity. Every slit was adjusted to separate exact color.
    I posted your idea to the forums 5 or 6 years ago.

Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Umut,
    This indicates that, with proper controle of the hole diameter, separations using nothing but hole size (no color filters) can be done. Here is another project I will probable spend the rest of my life on. I guess it beats watching other peoples accomplishements on TV.
    Bill

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a tv-set there are typically different beams for the three primaries, and sets of the three primaries as fluorescent patches. So even with one single beam and smaller patches and actuating slits the situation still would be different than with a pinhole camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    While pinholes do exhibit chromatic abberation, I see no practical way to apply this to tri-color photography, display, or printing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One could expose consecutively through pinholes filtered for the three primaries and adjusted respectively in diameter to gain in image quality.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes AgX, That is a good point. That is kinda what I was thinking. True color seps using apeture only might be possible if one has the resources of NASA. But,alas, I am just not that wealthy, or smart.
    Bill

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if NASA's resources could change physics.

Maybe though I'm overlooking something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If man was meant to fly, he'd have wings.
    From before DaVinci it was known that man could never fly. Or have a computer on your desktop.
    Once upon a time it was commonly believed that traveling over 35mph would take your breath away and cause death.(1830's)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not NASA, but CERN could give it a try
    - Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin