Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,674   Online: 1159

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    luv it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice picture and great looking camera, who says size isn't everything !

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I figured it was my own "economical" means to shoot the banquet format.

Im contemplating using one of my old wollensak lenses and seeing if it will work on it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

really pleased with how this one turned out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Literally awe-inspiring!

A year and a half ago, I would have NEVER thought I'd get all cranked up about brownie and pinhole photography. Thanks to my fellow APUGers, I have lots of fun with my 'antique' cameras and am now chomping at the bit to make a few pinhole cameras.

Scootermm: how did you arrive at the pinhole size? Did you just make one that was convenient, or use one of the calculators on the net or what?

-KwM-

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    kwmullet
    I used the pinhole calculator on mrpinhole.com
    I want to use a banquet format (7x17 is my dream camera) I ended up using 8x20 because I had a packet of 16x20 ilford paper I could use immediately to create these paper negs. I punched in the focal length I wanted to use (I love wide angle - both for the field of view and the compactness) I ended up deciding on 12"/305mm focal length. punched all that in and it gave me an optimum pinhole size of .75mm so I used some thin aluminum I got at a hobby shop and gently punched the pinhole, and after some sweat and blood (yep I bled a little) ...
    voila.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nice stuff scooter (and pretty funny to see you here after sharing photos on b.com ). I have
    a trick which I found this weekend, since I notice you tape your paper to the back: double sided
    tape. If you dont have any, or its too thick, put pieces of tape *face up* (facing the pinhole) on the
    back, then tape it down all all four sides with other tape... kind of like making hinges for mats.
    I actually prefer this latter method b/c double sided tape tends to be way too sticky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool - I've thought about doing this but haven't managed to follow through. I've thought about making such a camera out of corrugated plastic from the hobby store (like what's used for real estate signs) and joining it with gaffer's tape in such a way that it would fold. I guess you'd have to have some sort of dark slide set up for that though, maybe make one like the Primitive Photography book.

A couple of questions for you Matthew:

Where's the school in the photo? You and I are practically neighbors BTW, I'm just down Hwy230W in 78737.

Also, reading your info page on your site you mentioned getting a woodworker at WhiteWind studios to repair your 8x10 - would you recommend that I contact them for similar repairs? My 5x7 back is broken such that one of the surfaces that the film holder rests on is missing. I can replace it, but I'm anxious about getting it dead level with the other side so the film is properly parallel to the lens.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx
    You and I are practically neighbors BTW, I'm just down Hwy230W in 78737.
    Sorry, I fat-fingered that, it's "Hwy290W".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin