Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 714

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got both my "pintoids" ready to go! The standard Altoid mint tin, as well as the mini "spy camera" tin. Should be quite a struggle, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I just made my first one ever! Today!
    Did I do the pinhole size calculation right? Anyone? The cardboard is 16x16x16 box but measured for internals it's ABOUT 15.75 (inches) from board to pinhole which is exactly 400.05mm... So is the pinhole size right? 0.739mm
    Hi Stone,
    Nice job! Can't wait to see the results. Check out this site for a good program to do all your pinhole calculations:
    http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/
    Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Invitation for "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014" (WPPD-2014) on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hi Stone,
    Nice job! Can't wait to see the results. Check out this site for a good program to do all your pinhole calculations:
    http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/
    Bert from Holland
    Thanks, it was slightly out of focus and I can't tell why.

That link is a Windows program and I own a Mac computer

Aside from aiming it wrong, the exposure and development SEEM ok I metered for the river which ended up being too far out of frame so it appears a but over exposed but besides scratches, and uneven development from using a cibichrome print drum that doesn't accept enough liquid, the exposure is correct-ish so I'm not sure what to adjust...

Here it is, I'm on my phone so not sure how big it will post...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391224440.075806.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	81296
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the wonderful world of pinhole photography!
    Different pinholes will give different "looks"... depends on lots of things.

Pretty cool to come up with a big negative with nothing but a cardboard box with a pinhole in it!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of pinhole photography!
    Different pinholes will give different "looks"... depends on lots of things.

Pretty cool to come up with a big negative with nothing but a cardboard box with a pinhole in it!
    I was more upset with uneven development.

I only have a Cibichrome print drum that will fit 11x14, the drum has a cup at the top to catch dev you pour in so that when you tilt it sideways it delivers all at once and you get very even dev, for a print... But the neg doesn't stick to the wall well, so the cup won't hold ENOUGH developer... That's the issue, but I have no other tank/tube that will hold enough dev....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I only have a Cibichrome print drum that will fit 11x14, the drum has a cup at the top to catch dev you pour in so that when you tilt it sideways it delivers all at once and you get very even dev, for a print... But the neg doesn't stick to the wall well, so the cup won't hold ENOUGH developer... That's the issue, but I have no other tank/tube that will hold enough dev....
    Pre-wet the negative .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Are you using print-paper negatives, or film?
    My jobo manual (and the cibachrome tank manual too i think) says not to process film in paper tanks. Mostly it's to do with the anti-halation layer on the back of the film not coming off when the film's hard up against the tank wall, but there might be other problems from it too.
    Tried tray developing?

I've nearly finished my first 'suitcase pinhole' camera, just gotta check it for light leaks, then I'll put some 8x10 or so kodalith in it.
    I've done 4x5 kodalith in the mod54, rodinal 1+200 for 2 hour stand. Not sure how well that'll translate to trays, might mean I have to twiddle my thumbs in the darkroom for 2 hours...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    My jobo manual (and the cibachrome tank manual too i think) says not to process film in paper tanks. Mostly it's to do with the anti-halation layer on the back of the film not coming off when the film's hard up against the tank wall, but there might be other problems from it too.
    Actually it has mostly to do with marketing, at least as far as Jobo print drums are concerned.

There is no reason not to process any and all films in Jobo print tanks. In fact we have numerous customers around the world shooting 11X14 and 7X17, using Jobo 3062 and 3063 drums with great success for both color and BW.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Pre-wet the negative .
    I did, I always do...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Invitation for "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014" (WPPD-2014) on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Are you using print-paper negatives, or film?
    Tried tray developing?

I've nearly finished my first 'suitcase pinhole' camera, just gotta check it for light leaks, then I'll put some 8x10 or so kodalith in it.
    I've done 4x5 kodalith in the mod54, rodinal 1+200 for 2 hour stand. Not sure how well that'll translate to trays, might mean I have to twiddle my thumbs in the darkroom for 2 hours...
    No darkroom...

Also, I stripped the back later anyway it's X-ray film ... so I wasn't exact worried about the non-existent anti halatipn layer... I agree with catlabs on that, it's marketing.

Did your different cibichrome tanks have different cup sizes??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin