Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,557   Online: 784

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

Invitation for "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014" (WPPD-2014) on Sunday, April

Hi all,
    I would like to share with you the open invitation I received today from "Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014". Please join us worldwide on Sunday, April 27, 2014. I'll be at the WPPD event in Amsterdam, The Netherlands myself on that day. Hope to see you there!!
    Bert from Holland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPPD-logo.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	80514 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPPD-2014.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	80515

-----copy email invitation------------------
    Dear Pinhole Photography,

The fourteenth annual Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day will be celebrated on Sunday, April 27, 2014. Please join the celebration! http://www.pinholeday.org If you can help us organize our social media presence, please email support@pinholeday.org .

The Details:
    The coordinators of the fourteenth annual Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day are busy preparing for this upcoming major global festival. It will be the traditional last Sunday in April; the next one will be April 27, 2014. Anyone, anywhere in the world, who makes a pinhole photograph on Pinhole Day, can scan the image and upload it to the http://www.pinholeday.org website where it will become part of the Web's premier gallery of lensless photography.

Last year, 3426 participants from 75 countries contributed images to the WPPD 2013 Gallery. Over 200 events - workshops, exhibits, lectures, etc. - were held throughout the world. All of these events were organized locally by volunteers.

If you don't have this celebration marked on your calendar please do it soon! Join the world in this joyous celebration of simple photography. Watch the www.pinholeday.org Web site for more information. We are also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PinholeDay

HOW YOU CAN HELP...
    - We are looking for help with our publicity efforts in various countries and regions. These local or regional coordinators would be part of the team that our Publicity Coordinators, Paolo Aldi and Patrizia Di Siro, are assembling to spread the word about our sublime, yet joyously wacky, annual pinhole exhibit. Mostly this would be emails to publications, schools, galleries and other groups in your area. If you would like to help with this effort, please contact the publicity coordinators at publicity@pinholeday.org .

- Translators for the numerous languages provided on the website are important contributors to this international event. In addition to providing or updating translations for the website, these volunteers also help us respond to the many questions we receive in many languages. We receive many support questions in Spanish, and it is helpful to get answers back to folks in their native language. If you can help with translations, please contact translations@pinholeday.org .

- If you'd like to organize an event, such as a workshop, lecture or a photo shoot, you can add it to the events calendar at http://www.pinholeday.org/events or contact events at events@pinholeday.org. An event can be as simple as a pinhole excursion with friends or interested photographers, or it can be a workshop or exhibit. Check the "Workshop Resources" documents on the Pinhole Day Resource page for ideas.

- If you are a teacher, your students can participate in WPPD as a group. To do this, enter your class's participation as an event at http://www.pinholeday.org/events/addevent.php. Choose "classroom" as the type of event. Your class will be listed as a "group" in the gallery. When your class is selected from the group list, it will create a virtual exhibit of your students' work. For more information, please contact education@pinholeday.org .

- If you are a graphic designer... we're interested in suggestions for a new, or alternative, logos. Please submit your ideas to support@pinholeday.org.
    Another major holiday is in the works for April 27, 2014! We all look forward to your photograph in the 2014 gallery.

WPPD 2014 Coordinating Team
    Tom Miller (Lead & Events - USA)
    Paolo Aldi (Publicity - Italia)
    Nick Dvoracek (Support - USA) Chuck Flagg (Education - USA)
    Lena Källberg (Translations - Sverige)
    Patrizia Di Siro (Publicity - Italia)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woo!
    I took a heap of photos last year, and it took me a few months to get them processed, by which time I'd sort of missed the boat for posting them anywhere.

This year I'm going extreme. I've scored some 20x24" Kodalith, I've got a 0.5mm and 1mm pinhole coming from Skink Pinhole, all I need now is a cardboard box big enough (one day I'll make one out of a wheelie bin), and I'll make myself a huge shot (anyone wanna suggest somewhere?)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dr Croubie - one day I'll make one out of a wheelie bin

Garbage idea!

Have had this in my calendar since last spring.
    Last edited by sly; 01-19-2014 at 10:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was going to go up the road to a surplus place at lunch but I got distracted by the state manager coming past, damn, have to go tomorrow.
    Anyway, 20x24" is 500x600mm near enough.
    Mr Pinhole puts a 1mm pinhole best at 560mm focal length (and they reckon it'll cover 1000mm, 20x24" is an 800mm circle).
    I measured my wheelie bin at home last night, totally coincidentally, it's about 500x560mm at the top (although the edges are a bit curved and it does slightly taper). So I just drop it in and bam, almost perfect size.

(now I just have the problem of wheeling the wheelie-bin into the darkroom-cum-bathroom and loading the film and all that, but that's a relatively minor inconvenience )
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to it! Last year it was a lot of fun to devote a whole day to pinhole photography!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up! Adding to my calendar.

...and what is the (american) english translation of "wheelie bin"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    A large garbage can on wheels??
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post

Bin. With wheels. Like these.
    'nuff said.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Bin. With wheels. Like these.
    'nuff said.
    WOW,
    A whole website about DIY pinhole cameras !!

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WPPD is on my do-list. I have done one timid experiment with the Fuji Green X-ray film i bought, cutting it to use in my 4x5 camera to save chemistry. The plan is to shoot some 8x10 and make contact prints for the big day, but the preliminary testing has managed to fall behind for months, too many things trying to happen lately.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin