Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,953   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 784

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Vermeer 6x6, Handheld possible or not ?

My sister bought me a Vermeer 6x6 f:170 camera. Its was suprise. I dont have a tripod and I dont want to put it to the road and take smurfs pictures.
    Is it possible to use that camera handheld with 400H Fuji inside ? What is the purpose of that idiot shutter cost my sister around 80 euros in Paris !

Umut
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, f/170 is, what, seven stops smaller than f16? So in full sun your ASA 400 film would need, er, 1/4 second or so. I'm going to say no handholding.

Nice-looking cameras. I don't think they're much known in the States.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Delta 3200 would be feasible handheld.

Edit: and rather beautiful given the pinhole aesthetic I should think.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try using a bean bag and a suitable horizontal surface. If you or a friend is handy with a needle and thread the leg of an old pair of jeans makes a good and durable bag.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Try using a bean bag and a suitable horizontal surface. If you or a friend is handy with a needle and thread the leg of an old pair of jeans makes a good and durable bag.
    This is very good advice!

I happen to like smurfs pictures , but instead of in a road you can put it next to a pond or a lake or a stream or angle it up to look at trees or clouds or buildings or statues or flowers or bridges or people... or put it on a fence post, a railing, atop a wall, a chair, a bench, the hood of a car, the side of a fountain, a picnic table a coffee table a pool table a card table a chessboard, balanced on a branch, bungee corded to just about anything...

Creativity about how to place a pinhole camera is part of the fun! Improvise! Handheld shots w/ intentional/unintentional motion can be very good too!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wonderful posts , I did improvised and put it on to our dinner table and took 3 sad morning light shots , one I was in. Some leaflet came from the box and it was 1 minutes exposure. Its like filming. I liked that much , I started to look for ABC Pyro developer and shangai film. I just stopped my self for next month and my Box Tengor 54/2 1928 and Vermeer and zeiss ikon nettar will be good companian.
    I am thinking to contact print on ilford gallery with bulb light. Each camera is wonderful.

I have beliefs and ABC pyro have a specific unique tonal textural contribution to the pictures
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The beanbag is excellent. Other options are a table top tripod/gorilla pod. or a small clamp with tripod screw on it. Those were usually inexpensive.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've made some handheld pinhole images with an exposure of 40 seconds.
    See:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=74119
    and
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=74216

So it is doable. But if don't want that, just let it rest on something: a bench, a wall, a car, ...
    And put your finger under it at the front to point it upwards (a bit).
    Just experiment, it is a beautiful camera.
    And have fun!
    Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin