Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,836   Online: 724

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be seagulls in that fourth one, it's my favorite too but I like the sky in the DPP.

I had a fun day and have a few paper negatives to develop! One in the redwoods was a one hour exposure, which metered at 4 hours, but the sun kept coming out and lighting up different parts of the scene, so there's a chance! I did some instant film pinholes too and will scan some to share here. My friend had a "lensbaby" pinhole and zoneplate on an unmentionable kind of camera, and some of his looked really neat, he had fun too.

This happened last year too: before the morning was over the day was already a success even if the photos don't come out.... I got over to the beach and enjoyed being there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, I definitely like the 4th one too, that's why I'm all the more annoyed at the dev error (I was so excited and rushing to develop it because I knew it would be a good shot, hence I didn't dry the tank better like I should have).

For those playing at home, the jetty is here.
    The shot of the lion is from the rocky point on the right (don't forget these photos are all left-right reversed).
    The HDPP is from the rocks that join the two small beaches to the right of the jetty.
    The shot that moved a bit is from the causeway/path going towards the 'island' (which is normally a bluff, only an island in winter high tide), you can see a straight line that curves around the big orange rock (an hour before sunset, the sun pretty much due west behind me).
    The lion itself is to the left of the island, you can see its two paws sticking out into the water.
    (and this is the 8x10 of the jetty at Normanville)

I think the best part is that, at least on the 11x14" MGiv, I can barely see any vignetting (can on the HDPP because of the extra contrast). Which of course means that now I'm going to have to go buy some 12x16" (I don't think I can get any bigger in the suitcase), and because I've got a shack down there, I can go there any time (even if it's not on wppd).
    Also, because I'm only devving in a jobo tank in the sink, not on the CPE, I can join my 2830 to my 2840 tank and develop that big too. Woo.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a few on instant film. The first from this morning, the last three from the redwoods this afternoon.

Windy Mustard par Ned, on ipernity

Luck in the Forest par Ned, on ipernity

Deep Forest Flare par Ned, on ipernity

Look Up! par Ned, on ipernity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PH See Saw.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	87031
    Seems like it was raining in a few places around the world. I had limited time yesterday so went to the park at the bottom of my street. As it was pouring with rain there were no kids playing (they're all a bit soft these days :-)) and also no suspicious parents to question my motives or call the cops on me! Deardorff 8x10 with Pinhole Resources 0.3mm pinhole in a matboard lensboard made to suit. 1 minute 45 seconds exposure. Ilford HP5 8x10 film developed in XTol. Around 180mm focal length is my guess, but that's half the fun, making intelligent guesses!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I taught a pinhole workshop in Sydney with 5 participants on World Pinhole Day. Hopefully they will upload some results to the WPPD site. I'll put one of mine up once I have a chance to scan it. Most of us used cardboard box cameras scrounged from a recycling bin, exposing onto paper negs. It was pissing rain all day in Sydney but some people still went out and found places to put their cameras. Others did things like self portraits near the windows.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will be at least a week, probably 2, before I have any images to share. Got out in the morning to a couple of favorite spots close to home, and in the afternoon to a small vintage car and tractor get-together. The weather was very changeable, moving from grim and gray, to sun, to rain in minutes.
    Here's an i-thingy snap of my Titan giving support to the WPC Holga.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	87037

Uploaded attachment 3 times, but now I can't remove the horizontal thumbnails. Who's stupid? Me or the computer?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by sly; 04-28-2014 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Unable to get photo vertical. Ah! 3rd try got it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to be an avid f295er but got seduced by LF.

great to see some pinhole again, the swirlies are great, and the water scenes as well!
    let's see some more! keep 'em coming!

Anyway, I built an 8x10 foam-core camera from scratch, used some old, very fogged,
    Kodak polymax and made some images, nothing fancy but fun nonetheless. Gotta
    get some new RC paper!

1st light image, and WWPD-2014 entry:

Name:	img600.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	87038

the homestead:

Name:	img601.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	87039
    -Tim
    Last edited by dasBlute; 04-28-2014 at 10:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I exposed 4 sheets of film at Ohiopyle, but it'll be a week or more before I have a chance to develop them, too. I'm hoping at least one is cool.
    Ned - I especially like your last 2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was out yesterday morning shooting 8x10 Fuji HR-T X-Ray film, but had other responsibilities wipe out the rest of the day. I'm currently interleaving development with working on an art club newsletter (and reading APUG!) having no tank and hanger system, and having read of the very soft emulsion -- which is on both sides of the film -- I am proceeding very slowly, one sheet at a time in smooth bottom Cesco trays. I also haven't come up with a way to wash more than two at a time, so there's a ways to go yet. Heh, the first one looked as though it could protect me from bullets, but the rest are shaping up. I successfully contact printed a couple of my tests the other day, so I hope to get to that point Real Soon Now(tm). Once I get it all presentable on my web space, I'll post a link.

My flat bed scanner can do 4x5 negatives/transparencies, but not 8x10, so I initially digitized some test shots by putting the film on my light box and using "that other technology." Unfortunately even the light box is a bit uneven over an 8x10 area. So a contact print is more reassuring.

A free observation: The idea that one shot, being double sided emulsion, consumes as much chemistry as two rolls of 120 is a bit sobering!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm amazed each year that neither Flickr nor Ipernity have a WPPD20xx group ...

My scanner can do my 6x7s from my Zero45 with Horseman back, but they're terrible.
    So I also digitise via a lightbox. Better a bit but not by much, uneven lighting

Yesterday's weather was not very conducive, but I had a wander over the common, underexposing merrily. Must remember to use the correct exposure calculator ...

anyway, here we are, some bluebells:

for WPPD 2014

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin