Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,869   Online: 1018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera obscura?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Camera obscura?

Don't know what to say about this...what are your thoughts?

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/27629...ntent=gallery0

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    nice project?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Walk-in camera obscuras are nothing knew, but too dim to be very practical.

However this concept to make a photographic series depicting the outside of several homes that way is a good idea.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried it and it works. I met a french photographer who drilled a hole into the wall between his living room and the kitchen;then, he utilized the kitchen as his camera obscura to take pictures of his unexpecting visitors in the living room. he exhibited them at photokina in Cologne in 2010; very creativebut few friends lef.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Morell has several books. I had an opportunity to meet and speak with him at an Austin Center for Photography event several years ago. Interesting guy. Google him or bettter yet, buy a book. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was one in Madison sq park a few years ago, it was cylinder shaped with a simple adjustable iris aperture. Worked even on cloudy days, and you could even cup your hand to make a smaller hole for an even sharper but dimmer image. Very cool experience. I also had a chance to meet a photographer in Tompkins sq park that built a collapsable one large enough for one or two people that made it for her final project. I think Bruce gilden was also there helping out which was strange as he didn't have his leica, and had a smaller maybe mirrorless digital camera? He looked familiar but I didn't realize it was him until after I took my class back inside.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I love Morell's work. It inspired me to make a rough, portable camera obcura at the college this year. We set it up and brought in students, faculty, etc. Everyone was surprised at what they saw (most being unaware of this phenomenon) and it also was a good way to drive interest towards my photo classes.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a security "peephole" in your door at home, you may already have one at hand
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I love Morell's work. It inspired me to make a rough, portable camera obcura at the college this year. We set it up and brought in students, faculty, etc. Everyone was surprised at what they saw (most being unaware of this phenomenon) and it also was a good way to drive interest towards my photo classes.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Morell has several books. I had an opportunity to meet and speak with him at an Austin Center for Photography event several years ago. Interesting guy. Google him or bettter yet, buy a book. Bill Barber
    +1

i met him in providence at a talk he gave at RISD ...
    im empty, good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin