Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,082   Online: 1098

Images

Can someone put this in film terms

From the MGIVRC data sheet

The speed of MULTIGRADE IV RC depends on the
    filtration used during exposure. MULTIGRADE IV
    RC unfiltered, has a paper speed of ISO P500.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    From the MGIVRC data sheet

The speed of MULTIGRADE IV RC depends on the
    filtration used during exposure. MULTIGRADE IV
    RC unfiltered, has a paper speed of ISO P500.

ISO paper speeds have no direct relation to film speeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just as there is an ISO standard for film speeds, there is also an ISO standard for paper speeds. Just don't ask me what that standard is (!) - no doubt it will be defined on the Web somewhere... ISO is the International Standards Organization.

Cheers, Bob.

Images
    Thanks Jay and Bob.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I meter my MGIV at ISO 6 and have acceptable results without any filtration. on a pinhole with an fstop around f/345, focal length of 100mm on a 'sunny 16' exposure its normally around 1minute 30seconds.

When putting a filter on it, I dont recall the exact numbers but I believe 0 - 3 all have a paper ISO around 200, and 4-5 are 100. Without a filter as mentioned its 500. Using these measures you can adjust your exposure accordingly, a #5 contrast filter puts the paper at 100 'iso' and a #2 puts it at 200 'iso' ..... at least in my experience doubling and halfing exposure has seemed to work just as it does with film ISO..
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Images
    Thanks Christopher.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin