Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,219   Online: 1172

Shooter
    35mm

Pinholing an Instamatic?

I have a Kodak Instamatic X-25 that my mom gave me a few years ago. It's in perfect condition, but I never use it. I thought I might try and MacGuyver it into a pinhole, but I have no idea how I'd go about it.

Any suggestions?

Otsu

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, to make a long story short, you'll need to remove the lens, bollix the shutter so it stays open while you hold the button and/or add a cable release adapter, and disable any light meter based lockout for low light.

Honestly, I'd suggest keeping that one original and converting something easier, if it's your first pinhole build. You only have one emulsion choice in 126 film; if you convert a 120 camera, you can get dozens of emulsions in B&W, color, and trannie, plus have a negative anywhere from 5 to 10 times the size of the 126 frame.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin