Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,518   Online: 1027

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any opinions on the Lochkamera 6x6 or 6x9?

I've wanted to take a crack at pinole photography for a while and I've seen this make online. Are they good for the price? Can someone make any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Andrew

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmoodie
    I've wanted to take a crack at pinole photography for a while and I've seen this make online. Are they good for the price? Can someone make any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Andrew
    Lochkamera is the German word for pinhole camera. Do you mean the Zero Image cameras. I build my own cameras but Zero Image owners really like them. If I couldn't make my own I'd buy one of those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, it appears there's a couple of German makes that are 6x6 or 6x9, and on ebay they're listed as Lochkamera and there's no apparent brand name. They're certainly nowhere nearly as nice as the one you mention, these ones are plastic and metal. They look more like Holgas or Lomos.

So, if anyone has any opinions on ANY mid-price German pinhole cameras then please pass them on.
    Last edited by andrewmoodie; 04-11-2005 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a low-price german pinhole camera, a cardboard kit. Folds together into three boxes, slide focus, "ground glass" for framing with cheap simple lens if needed, and a range of pinholes included. IMO worth it just for the nifty pinhole plate
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ole, where did you get it? Is there a website you could suggest?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bought it on ebay.de, off a seller by the name of lochkamera-versand...

There's one right now, at Item 7507470366 !
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dang, under nine Euro BIN and if I've deciphered the German correctly, it can use 9x12 cm film (which I already have on hand) as well as 9x13 cm photo paper. I wonder what it would cost to ship to the USA?
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Donald,

his stuff seems cheaper if you buy directly from his website:

http://lochkamera-versand.de/html/bestellen.html

His other items are pretty interesting, too - that monster pinhole looks nice. ;-)
    Allthough he doesn´t state the shipping costs to the US, I doubt they are much higher than the 8EUR he quotes for Europe.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roman, that site would probably be much more useful to me if it were in English. My German (did I mention) is very, very thin.

Oh, wait, found the English version, via the "Education" link...

"Package and transport costs outside Germany, from 12 Euro" -- that makes it at least a $25 camera by the time I get it. Maybe not this week -- I have a sheet of black-core foam core and big sheet of shim stock; I can make one for a lot less than that.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

manufactured pinhole cameras

If you have not already bought your pinhole, you might take a look at the Zero Image products. My 6X9 came from Calumet, which I think has an outlet in the UK. I've just purchased a 4X5 directly from Zero Image. It has not yet been used to expose any film, however the 6X9 is a dandy. Well made and easy to use. Pricing on both is, in my opinion favorable, but then we don't have a VAT in the USA. Both also happen to be beautiful works of metal and wood. Bill Barber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin