Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,219   Online: 791

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I bought one of these on eBay for my Mamiya 645.

Paul.
    I need to get into a diffrent line of work. 27 bucks for a lens body pinhole? I could turn dozens of these out on the lathe eveyday.

Of course, selling dozens a day is a different story.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, mine cost me $3 for the cap (which included a rear lens cap as well as the body cap -- I could combine the two and have a very, very small single-shot pinhole camera!) and took much less than an hour to make, including figuring out the best way to drill and countersink the cap; I could do another in ten minutes plus the time to make the actual pinhole.

Mind you, it'd be a lot easier to sell dozens in a day at half that price...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    I need to get into a diffrent line of work. 27 bucks for a lens body pinhole? I could turn dozens of these out on the lathe eveyday.

Of course, selling dozens a day is a different story.

tim in san jose
    Of course, if you want expensive, you can go to Freestyle where you can get basically the same thing for $43.

I did have the same reaction, I went with it when I saw the prices being asked for laser drilled metal pinholes. That was going to cost me about as much and I was going to have to put it together myself. I appreciated having an idea of the aperture and the fact that it was a nice precise round hole. Oh, and B&H sells the Mamiya cap (which is what this is, an actual Mamiya 645 cap) for $10.

Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin