Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 843

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

IT'S PINHOLE DAY!!!

ANYBODY ELSE WASTING TIME MAKING SILLY PHOTOS OF THE FURNITURE? IT'S WINDY OUTSIDE.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny you should mention it Jim, Liz and I saw a pin-holer in the park today...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's the 2 I got done before the 545 broke

Deardorff 5X7 with 4X5 back and Polaroid 52. .0088" pinhole. 2 1/2" from film. f286 or so.

The tune was Jack Guthrie singing "Oklahoma Hills where I belong"
    I don't use the Brunswick near enough.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    have you posted to the World Pinhole Day site? mines No 48. Couple I noted worth a look, Nos 27, 32, 36 & 47.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nige, there's some amazing captures up there and how did the photog get that effect on number 32? Sadly yours comes up "This submission has not yet been reviewed: 48" so I'll have to look again later. What have you been shooting me wonders LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not sure what's going on... it's shows mine to me!

No32 is just a very ugly toe (according to my wife!). Pinholes have 'unlimited' DOF (the whole picture is equally fuzzy depending on your pinhole size and roundness) so they've plonked the camera down and stood real still! A large print on the wall would be a talking piece!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nige I've got it now! Maybe it was my firewall or dyslexia that got me LOL Beautiful image so no need for all that other gear you've got.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    ANYBODY ELSE WASTING TIME MAKING SILLY PHOTOS OF THE FURNITURE? IT'S WINDY OUTSIDE.
    It was a beautiful Sunny 16 kind of day here in S. Florida. I was out for most of the afternoon, made about 30 exposures & now have to find the time to develope them to see how I did.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    have you posted to the World Pinhole Day site? mines No 48. Couple I noted worth a look, Nos 27, 32, 36 & 47.
    Yes, I was # 232.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was out -- the wind didn't bother me much, and the gray sky just made my exposures longer. I exposed two sheets of Fomapan 100 (9x12 cm), bracketing the same subject, but don't have them developed yet (they're in the tubes, should get them done today). The better one will be uploaded -- likely in the 600s or higher, since there were 580 images up when I looked at the WPPD gallery this morning.

You can see some information on my construction of a shuttered pinhole for my 1927 Zeiss-Ikon 250/7 Ideal plate camera here.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin