Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,040   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Don't confuse the issue with logic Donald.

timin san jose
    Oh, sorry, Tim...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Donald, don't worry about those lost bits in the rug. A surefire way to find them is to walk there barefoot. You will find them in no time.
    John

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only problem with that, Vet, is that (as a diabetic) my podiatrist tells me I should never walk around barefoot, even in my own home. And twist drills in the rug seems a fine reason to comply!

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about those little tiny drills -- never bought one. I made a pair of pinholes the other day that differed by about .0003" (that's three tenths of a thousandth) as measured on my scanner at 2400 ppi, both perfectly round, using a sewing needle in a pin vise and a razor sharpening stone with a couple drops of 3-in-1 oil. Took about fifteen minutes each, including cleaning off the oil to scan for size a couple times along the way. It's NICE not to have to compensate exposure between two identical cams -- and now I can think about stereo images, too...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin