Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,232   Online: 734

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Source for micro metric drill bits

Click here for bits in sizes down to .16mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All well and good, but where do you buy a chuck for a drill press which can hold a bit that small? tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Pin Vise .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    All well and good, but where do you buy a chuck for a drill press which can hold a bit that small? tim
    You don't use sub #75 drills with a powered impliment. They are too fragile. As mentioned above, use a pinvise and very little pressure. Helps if what you are drilling through is rather soft and very thin.

tim (pinholed) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, maybe it's just me, but...

In the time it takes me to decide which micro twist drill I want, figure out if I still have one that's not broken, get the correct tiny vial, extract one drill, chuck it in the pin vise, retrieve the other four from the table top before they can roll off on the rug to vanish forever, get another one out to replace the one that bent or broke when I dropped the pin vise to catch the escapers, rechuck, drill the hole, and (if I haven't broken the bit) put the drill away again, I could have made four or five holes with a needle and fine sandpaper or oilstone, measured them on my scanner, and chosen the best looking and/or closest to the size I need -- and not have used up/broken/lost ten bucks worth of micro twist drills...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    hobby shops that sell to model railroad hobbiests will have tiny drill bits and pin vices. Check your phone book.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    Well, maybe it's just me, but...

In the time it takes me to decide which micro twist drill I want, figure out if I still have one that's not broken, get the correct tiny vial, extract one drill, chuck it in the pin vise, retrieve the other four from the table top before they can roll off on the rug to vanish forever, get another one out to replace the one that bent or broke when I dropped the pin vise to catch the escapers, rechuck, drill the hole, and (if I haven't broken the bit) put the drill away again, I could have made four or five holes with a needle and fine sandpaper or oilstone, measured them on my scanner, and chosen the best looking and/or closest to the size I need -- and not have used up/broken/lost ten bucks worth of micro twist drills...
    Don't confuse the issue with logic Donald.

timin san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Harbor freight sells a 50 pc. Carbide bit set of assorted mini drills and rasps....12.95 for all 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin