Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,088   Online: 894

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A light trapped filler cap would be nice, as it would facilitate developing quite a bit. I develoepd another can testerday (in the dark), only to discover after the final wash, that the film had slipped out after the developer step ... argh.

I may re-do the monobath with D-76 that's mixed more strongly than what I have, plus just Sodium Thiosulphate instead of pre-prepared fixer.

Let us know how you do with the light-fill cap

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the (paying) excursion that was scheduled for Thursday got canceled Wednesday evening (including cancelling the paycheck), so I haven't been to the hardware store yet. Worst case, I'll be stopping there to get more tee-nuts and some other hardware for pinhole camera building next weekend, but I might manage a trip over there tomorrow -- we'll see.

BTW, I've been developing the 60 mm chips from my GumPintoids in little plastic rings that came as spacers in a plastic shelf kit; those are a nice slide fit into the 1.5" ABS pipe that forms my sheet film developing tubes, and three will fit into the 5" tube plus caps. Not very efficient of developer, but they're daylight fill, the film can't go anywhere, and as a bonus they're loose enough in the rings that I don't see any residual dye as I often/usually do with 9x12 cm and 3x4 sheet film in those tubes.

Check my gallery, the last upload on 14 October is from a GumPintoid, developed as above in HC-110 Dilution H.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin