Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 692

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Curiosity question about the new APUG Print Sales Gallery

Good morning to all. I had a question about selling pinhole photographs in the new APUG Sales Gallery. All opinions are welcome. I am thinking about trying to sell some pinhole photographs in the new sales gallery. They will be made on Polaroid type 665 film. The negatives will be contact printed. The size of the negative is only 3.25 x 4.25 inches. So the contact prints will natually be the same size. My question is---Do you all think that a photograph that size will sell in the new gallery? I see sizes in the gallery a lot bigger that that. I will only charge a moderate amount for the print/s. Just curious if you all think there would be a market here at APUG for prints that small. Thank you all very much for your time and opinions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matthew,

I currently only have one image in the Apug Gallery loaded right now, it's a 3x4" contact print

Not everyone has the space for a massive 16x20" frame on the wall and there are some, like me, who do, but prefer smaller images.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt, I have a facination with "minature" works of art. I think it takes great skill to make a statement on a small scale. I be interested in see and buying good work of this size. -Bob (hey Jeremy, hows the 21mm working for ya? don't you owe me a print? )
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thank you Laz and Thank you Jeremy. I just ordered my camera and film, etc... today, so I will be shooting soon and posting some work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also shoot in 3x4 and contact print only. I enjoy small prints very much.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thank you Matt Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thank you Jay

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I guess The next step is to try and figure out what to charge for the prints. Any ballpark figures come to mind? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At a Wellfleet gallery on Cape Cod I remember seeing what I believe were 6x7 centimeter...not inches...contact prints mounted in what may have been 11x14 inch or larger mats. They were apparently selling at least well enough to take up very valuable seasonal wall space this gallery had given over to them. I recall thinking that the prices were pretty high for what they were too (but that's kinda the norm in summer season tourist oriented gallerys anyway.). So...offer them and see what happens. Maybe a big mat will help your stuff as much as it did the work I saw. Or consider it, at least, as an option.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thank you Jovo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin