Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,479   Posts: 1,597,673   Online: 1203

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Image

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have the 4x5 version but own one of Zernicke's 6x9 cameras - beautifully built - LOVE IT!!! You can't go wrong with any of his cameras (mine developed a smallish crack, and it got replaced with a new one without any problems whatsoever; that is excellent customer service in my books).
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford
    All of them - love the people images too!

I am now in touch with Zernicke at Zero Image re the cameras and either a 10x8 or 5x7 version! I will point him in the direction of this thread re the mounting of the film holder as its an idea he might be able to work with.

Thanks for the help, Carl
    Hi Carl;
    Does this mean they are going to make an 8x10 (or 10x8) or 5x7..? If they are, please ask him to make it just like the 4x5. The multiple focal length and multiple zone plate/ pinhole features would make this an immediate buy for me.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

10x8

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic
    Hi Carl;
    Does this mean they are going to make an 8x10 (or 10x8) or 5x7..? If they are, please ask him to make it just like the 4x5. The multiple focal length and multiple zone plate/ pinhole features would make this an immediate buy for me.
    Thanks
    The answer is yes, but it will be later next year to get it to their standards. I have copied him the link to this thread so that he can pick up earlier suggestions and comments!

All the best, Carl.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I have two of these cameras.
    They are not only the best value I have seen in pinhole cameras, each is a wrork of art in itself. I keep mine in velvet bages when not in use.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zeros are beautiful and functional masterpieces of art.

Every time I take mine out and someone takes notice - it is always something like
    "Oh, that is so well preserved for an antique! When was it made?".

It is really popular with the ladies!

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 25asa
    Zeros are beautiful and functional masterpieces of art.

Every time I take mine out and someone takes notice - it is always something like
    "Oh, that is so well preserved for an antique! When was it made?".

It is really popular with the ladies!
    ..and isn't that all that really matters...?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also have a few Zero Image cameras and they're really cool. My fave is the 6x12 with both a zone plate and pinhole.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    I also have a few Zero Image cameras and they're really cool. My fave is the 6x12 with both a zone plate and pinhole.
    I am badgering them for a 10x8 so I can do some serious negs but until then I think Santa has been instructed to bring a 5x4.

Cheers, Carl

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I recently bought a Zero Image 5x4 secondhand from a dealer friend of mine. It has the base camera plus 3 extensions and is equipped with both pinhole & zoneplate apertures.

So far I have only processed one shot from it (Delta 100 in Prescysol) and not got around to printing it, but the result looks superb - full neg coverage at 25mm and very sharp.

I just got a polaroid 5x4 back, so that's the next experiment. Now where can I buy some cheap type 55 film?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I made a pinhole camera that takes standard 4X5 film holders. It cost about $4 to make. I haven't used the ZI cameras but they seem to run counter to the DIY ethos of pinholing. Just my opinion. Why spend $100 os more for something that's fun to make yourself?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin