Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,826   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Image

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zero Image

Anyone any experience of the zero image 5x4 - I might ask santa for one? A 7x5 or 10x8 would be nice though so if there are other companies equally as good I appreciate any input?

Thanks in advance, Carl

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haven't used them, but they're universally reported as well made. Other than that, how bad can they possibly be? A box that accepts 5x4 film holders, and a simple flap shutter over the pinhole...

OTOH, you can make one just as functional from $10 worth of foam core board and wood strips...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Zero Image cameras are all wonderful. I own many of their cameras. Their 5x4 is very ingenious. Made many wonderful images with it. The pinhole section of my web site (under the experimental menu) has images made with Zero Image cameras, as well as other manufacturers. http://www.walterpcalahan.com

Hope Santa brings you more than one of their cameras!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm looking at them too. The 4x5 seems a decent value in the 50B configuration but the holding bands for the film holder put me off a little. I wonder if a spring back from a graphic could be adapted. The 6x9 model apparently doesn't have a curved film plane and the pictures show falloff beyond the 6x4.5 configuration, but then of course it's a pinhole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard that the entire staff are pin heads.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster
    Zero Image cameras are all wonderful. I own many of their cameras. Their 5x4 is very ingenious. Made many wonderful images with it. The pinhole section of my web site (under the experimental menu) has images made with Zero Image cameras, as well as other manufacturers. http://www.walterpcalahan.com

Walter,

thanks for sharing a very impressive web site, also the pin hole photographs are outstanding.
    Dave

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I've been thinking about getting the 75mm myself. With 3 focal lengths, 3 pinhole sizes and 3 zone plates you have alot of creative control in one small package. That being said, I love my home made matt board 37mm and my Santa Barbara/Lensless camera co. 75mm but if I only have room for one camera, they can't compete.
    Good luck!
    Victor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Stunning images...

All of them - love the people images too!

I am now in touch with Zernicke at Zero Image re the cameras and either a 10x8 or 5x7 version! I will point him in the direction of this thread re the mounting of the film holder as its an idea he might be able to work with.

Thanks for the help, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Leonard pinhole camera from Pinhole Resource - it's about as nice as I could hope, with rotating dowels to hold the holder onto the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The three pinhole images in my gallery were taken with a home built 8x10 camera. The camera is a simple box. The side opposite the pinhole is hinged to the bottom of the box. The paper negatives are laid onto this hinged back, which I lightly spray with glue every 30 or so shots. It works very well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin