Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,788   Online: 918

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Need source for 8x10 sheet film

I just built 4 pinhole cameras (an 8x10, a 4x5, and two Altoid 35mm). I used 35mm film to test the 8x10 and 4x5 cameras for light leaks and now I am ready to test them with sheet film. I have been able to find some reasonably priced 4x5 black and white sheet film but went into sticker shock when I priced the 8x10 film.

In the past, my employer supplied all the sheet film I needed. Now I need my own source of reasonably priced 8x10 sheet film. Please advise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheapest there is

And quite a good film too.
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blix@broadpark.no
    Cheapest there is

And quite a good film too.
    Same film , even cheaper (25 sheets for $16.49)!!

It's a bit larger (approx 3-5mm) so it will NOT fit a standard holder, but for a pinhole camera ? Maybe?? Your call..

I'm trimming this in the dark on a rotarytrimmer and loading my holders after each sheet is trimmed. Not the ideal scenario for Your AA Moonrise ...(fill in).. shoots, but a cheap way to learn the ropes..
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perfect!

morkolv & blix@broadpark.no,

Thanks for the source and the quick response.

I just placed an order for two 25 sheet boxes of 8x10.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morkolv
    Same film , even cheaper (25 sheets for $16.49)!!

It's a bit larger (approx 3-5mm) so it will NOT fit a standard holder, but for a pinhole camera ? Maybe?? Your call..

I'm trimming this in the dark on a rotarytrimmer and loading my holders after each sheet is trimmed. Not the ideal scenario for Your AA Moonrise ...(fill in).. shoots, but a cheap way to learn the ropes..
    Morten,

Which side do you have to trim? both sides? thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is another option from Freestyle. It is Foma and is available in 100 speed as well as 200 speed. http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000001245

Are you using regular holders? If so, be careful about the discounted J&C as it does not fit normal holders.

Have fun!

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Morten,

Which side do you have to trim? both sides? thanks
    I do both, but think its the long side i.e. the 8" measure wich really needs trimming. My set up is a trimming guide in each end of the rotary trimmer. One does 8" the other 10", on both there is only a thin strip (3-5mm) being shaved off. But bear in mind I did set up the guide using a old sheet of 8X10 chrome.
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The package of over-sized 8x10 that I got (back when the film was new and the problem was being uncovered) didn't fit my holders due to the width (the 8" measurement was off). I never checked to see if the length was acceptable.

Best of luck.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

The length has not been a problem for anyone as far as we know. Just the 8 inch side.

Also, the regular Pro 8x10 (properly cut) is on sale for $24.99 for a 25 sheet pack.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i would be interested in seeing your 8X10 pinhole. i ma currently building one for myself and any info would be great. i bought some of jandc 8x10 miscut film. it measures 8X10 exactly. so i cut off 1/8 so now it is 7 7/8 x 10 and it goes in my holders now. i used a paper cutter with a stop clamped on. cheers
    eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin