Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 686

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, where does one buy these cameras ? eBay doesn't list any around here, and the website has prices, but doesn't seem to have an ordering page...

That 4x5 sure looks good!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a followup on this; I tried to email the company a few days ago, and never got a reply.

I have a Zero Image on loan, but I don't like it that much:
    + You can't put the camera on a table in landscape mode (the two elastic band pods are in the way)
    + You can't put the camera on a tripod in landscape mode with the fairly common Manfrotto quick release head -- doh! These elastic band pods again...
    + 25mm is a bit too wide for me, and I don't want to use a permanent extension to reach 50mm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    8Banners web site:

http://www.8banners.com/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

i recently purchased an Mb. terrific... can even be used hand-held with their shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

8 banners

Hi,

I just bought an 8-Banners pinhole camera (multi-format model Mb) directly from the company (http://www.8banners.com/). Received it in 4 days in Vermont, USA directly from Hong Kong. I did not have to pay any customs duty. Oliver Chan, the contact, is responsive and friendly.

The camera is awesome - a true beauty of functionality, simplicity, design, engineering, manufacturing, and eye for detail.

I just shot my first roll of film and developed the negatives using the "instant coffee and vitamin C" developer described on http://www.frugalphotographer.com/fo...edeveloper.htm

I scanned the negatives with my HP 2450 flat bed scanner and enhanced, cropped, etc using the "gimp" program. Really good. The images are very sharp using the 0.2mm pinhole plate.

How fun!

I highly recommend these cameras.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Other than eBay, does anyone have any ideas about how to get in touch with either the manufacturer or a distributor of this line of cameras? They are similar to the Zero Image cameras, of which I have both a 2000 and the 4X5. I've Googled and Dog Piled it and can't come up with an answer. Any ideas? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi there...im new here!!

im a user of the 8 banner "MB" multiformat as well...

can check out some of my shots done with it here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    hi there...im new here!!

im a user of the 8 banner "MB" multiformat as well...

can check out some of my shots done with it here
    Nice shots Vortex and welcome to APUG. You might want to go here to introduce yourself.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have purchased 2 cameras now from them, the Dragon II, and the Ma. The first one I found on eBay, then I got one directly from them. They are some very well built pinhole cameras, and unlike the wooden zero2000 I own, I don't have to worry about hurting these as much!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin