Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,597   Online: 984

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Eightbanners Chinese Pinhole Cameras?

Other than eBay, does anyone have any ideas about how to get in touch with either the manufacturer or a distributor of this line of cameras? They are similar to the Zero Image cameras, of which I have both a 2000 and the 4X5. I've Googled and Dog Piled it and can't come up with an answer. Any ideas? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, those are some nice looking cameras. I ended up looking at all of their listings and sample photos and now I have to get one (acute GAS, it would appear).

Here is an email address from the eBay auctions: fotogadget.ebay@gmail.com. They also have a web site at fotogadget.com, but there isn't much there at this point. I did run across this page with a listing of current models and a couple of pictures of them:http://www.fotogadget.com/pinhole/faq_products.html.

If you get one, post your impressions, I am really curious.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those are nice looking cameras! You might try asking in the pinhole forums at http://www.f295.org , maybe someone can help you find them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/for...?m-1150135163/

The 120BB66 Sky looks kind of nice, I might have to look into that a little more.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somewhere, they have a web site with example photos from different models; I've seen it and the images are very good indeed. Search on f295 for "chinese pinhole" and you'll likely find it. The actual pinholes they supply in the cameras seem a little small (0.2 mm), but it's hard to argue with the results.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Over all they have a very finished outside look, much better than my woodworking skills allow. I did send and email to the guy asking about unassembled kits, and also about a 35mm version.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just checked my email and here ia what it said:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your enquiry. I need to ask my supplier if he can supply me the "kits". For the 35mm one, I know that he has made a prototype some time ago, but never put into production. Recently I heard from him that he is considering picking it up again, but I guess this would be the plan of next year. This year 4 more models are coming, a metal 66 & a metal 612 in July, then a 8x10 and a ploaroid ones. I wonder if he has time / energy to pick up the 35mm again this year.

Regards,

Oliver
    I replied that I would be interested in the kit and that the 35mm might be nice for the next World Wide Pinhole Day, since that film is easier for a lot of people to get developed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Man, the metalwork on that 4x5 is really something. There is a lot to be said for hand craftsmanship in a camera like that.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    If you get one, post your impressions, I am really curious.

Paul, to say the least I am both curious and interested. I've expressed my interest to Oliver and I am assuming he is the distributor. If I didn't already have the Zero Image 2000, I'd be real tempted to buy one of his bamboo pinhole cameras.

If I am successful in obtaining one, I may just stop by the Denver Darkroom and let you take a look at it or perhaps even run a roll of film through it. Although I'm in the Houston area, I have a daughter in Golden and visit her family often. Given that she is having a baby in December, I imagine I'll be up there a bit more than usual over the next year or so. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit
    Paul, to say the least I am both curious and interested. I've expressed my interest to Oliver and I am assuming he is the distributor. If I didn't already have the Zero Image 2000, I'd be real tempted to buy one of his bamboo pinhole cameras.

If I am successful in obtaining one, I may just stop by the Denver Darkroom and let you take a look at it or perhaps even run a roll of film through it. Although I'm in the Houston area, I have a daughter in Golden and visit her family often. Given that she is having a baby in December, I imagine I'll be up there a bit more than usual over the next year or so. Bill Barber
    Awesome Bill, let me know when you are in town, whether or not you get the camera.

Paul.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin