Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,497   Online: 1074

Shooter
    8x10 Format

20x24 Pinhole Camera hole size

Hey Folks!

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience working with a 20x24 pinhole camera.

Basically need to know a good starting point for pinhole size that would cover a sheet of 20x24 that is not curved , and I prefer a look that simulates an image one would expect from a 30 in. lens on that format...so slightly longer than normal.

Thanks in advance !

Michael

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    http://www.pinholeresource.com/

These guys are a good source for info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael-
    you can check out mrpinhole.com for a fairly nice online pinhole calculator from which you can determine angle of view, pinhole size, focal length, etc. and, there's always the f295 forum (all lensless imaging welcome)

http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/forum/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Excellent ! Thanks very much.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My favorite downloadable pinhole calculator is free at PinholeDesigner. For optimum sharpness in the center of the field I suggest a user constant of 1.5 with this program. Pinhole photography generally favors wide angle pinholes over the longer ones due to the laws of optics. For example, a 15" focal length pinhole can resolve 1.4 X finer detail on the negative than the 30" one. However, it will have more falloff in both sharpness and illumination towards the corners of the image.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin