Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,926   Online: 1185

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about using part of a 2# coffee can for the back of the panorama camera? Painted black on the inside with a small lip top & bottom to hold the film in alignment?
    Or just make the camera from the earlier mentioned can?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I actually thought about using plywood and then lining it with thinner foam...that 1/16th inch foam that you can get almost anywhere in the kid's art section. That stuff is light tight last I knew and rather durable.

The coffee can idea is a good one and it gave me a really great idea...but I'd *definitely* need a Dremel for that one.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cordless Dremmel can be nice.

If you do get some 1/16 inch plywood, check it with a flash light. And if no light goes through, let me know what and where to get for any future cameras that I make. I wonder if you can get 1/16 inch MDF? Guess I'll have to look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had good luck making pinhole cameras with the masonite (?) panels that Home Despot sells as "Handy Panels" It is similar to MDF, but much lighter and you can cut it with an exacto or utility knife. It comes in a few sizes and at least two thicknesses and takes a coat of matte black paint very nicely. I have never had any problems with light penetrating the material itself.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ahh.. Thanks Pete! I'll have to have a look at that stuff. If it has the rough surface on one side like Masonite, that would be great for the inside of the camera. The texture plus flat black paint would really help kill reflections.

I'm already starting to think about building a 6x7 camera made on a Mamiya RB or RZ film back to add to my 645 and 35mm camera. Probably even try to keep the rotating feature of those backs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin