Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,627   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Correction Spacer

Quote Originally Posted by Helen B View Post
    Couldn't you mark a piece of paper or something with the required displacement, then hold or clip it to the bed as you moved the standard? Best, Helen

Certainly Helen but my given my old tired brain I'll try to move the pinhole to its correct location first and if that is too difficult I'll make up a little spacer to allow me to judge the forward displacement of the rear standard. I figure the fewer corrections one has to make the fewer chances of forgetting to make them.

When I get some of the 4x5 negatives contact printed I'll scan them and post them here for you to see. Thanks for your helpful input and I like some of your "Snaps".

I've started building a website; only 18 photos and a short artists statement up at the moment, but have a quick look if you have the time.

Terrance www.LoveNFLD.com
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrance Hounsell View Post

I've started building a website; only 18 photos and a short artists statement up at the moment, but have a quick look if you have the time.

Terrance www.LoveNFLD.com

ARE YOU SCREAMING EVERYTHING OUT IN BOLDFACE THERE TOO?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    ARE YOU SCREAMING EVERYTHING OUT IN BOLDFACE THERE TOO?
    It's tough to tell, as the font on his website is black on black. I assume this is intentional. I do wish I could see some larger images on his website, just to see a bit more detail.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Photos: 110mm SSXL versus 0.45mm Pinhole

Here are two photographs that were requested for visual comparison:

the first is taken with a 110mm Super Symmar XL

the second is taken with a 0.45mm Pinhole

Other than swapping lensboards no adjustments were made to camera or its position, except for exposure time.

As previously discussed the pinhole is not at the nodal point of the lens so there is a slight difference in maginification.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 110mmSSXL.jpg   0.45mmPinhole.jpg  
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can see why this could be a problem for you, I like the composition in the lens image better than the pinhole image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin