Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,758   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've taken many shots with a f.800 pinhole on my Tachihara 810HD in outdoor daylight scenes by setting up and composing conventionally. The key is to have a light-proof focussing cloth and allow about 30 seconds for eye dark adaption. It's amazing how clearly and accurately you can see just before you run out of air!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure this goes against the primitive ethos of pin-hole photography so please excuse. I started off in pinholes along the lines described in the above post but sunny days mean irksome heat and suffocation under the dark cloth and there had to be an easier way.

By juggling lens elements and pinholes placed inside various view camera lenses I found that, provided focal ratios exceed f.600 or thereabouts, the presence or absence of glass in the lens makes little difference to the final image. So now I set up the view camera and compose with a conventional lens in place. Then, leaving the lens aperture fully open I cover the lens with a pin-hole lens cap and make an exposure using the regular shutter. It is also easy to make comparison conventional and pinhole exposures.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have built two pinholes one in 4x5 and one in 8x10. both in wood and those has a reversable back with screen and fresnel. the thing is that you can see but not much! It takes a little while before your eye adapt and you begin to see some shadows!
    You have some idea of what you tking a picture of!

A friend of mine uses a lens on the 4x5 and after adjusting the camera he change the lens to pihole, of course the pinhole manufactured to the lens size. He uses a 150 mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I'm sure this goes against the primitive ethos of pin-hole photography so please excuse. I started off in pinholes along the lines described in the above post but sunny days mean irksome heat and suffocation under the dark cloth and there had to be an easier way.
    Yes :-) in your case this would help but, than you got to build a little bit more advanced pinhole! High up in the north of the globe we don’t care about heat very much :-) Even summer the temperature won’t go higher than 25 celsius :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1X-Magnification...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin