Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,753   Online: 1097

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    what are you on about?
    Here we go again! There is always got to be some one!

You wrote:

ďas for info on the picks (sic) there isn't any technical detail - pinhole diameter, focal length, box dimensions, shutter operation, tripod mount, whateverĒ

If you have made a lots of cameras than surely understand that Iím not talking about the wooden box!?!? Everybody can do a wooden box!

There is something else you didnít get. Did you? Read it again! I even change the text on the picture for better understanding. Letís see if you get it this time! Itís about what is on the front of that wooden box Iím talking about but, your imagination didnít go longer than the wooden box and other unnecessarily details like tripod mount. It says ďvariable focal lengthĒ That is that I didnít want you to know about how it works
    Exactly thatís why I said that all info on the picture because thatís all I give away. This camera is mine and its stays that way. I donít want to see copies made!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 01-15-2007 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, get a grip, you're just a little too precious pal

wow, variable focal length pinhole, who'd a thunk

how come y'all can suddenly use beda english

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't want to have "copies" made, well, don't show it on the internet. duh.

The Zeroimage has variable focal length and a shutter. Filter and shade you can stick on using blue tack.. That is, if you want them for something...improving image quality ? Hmm it's a pinhole camera if I wanted image quality, I'd use a proper camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    If you don't want to have "copies" made, well, don't show it on the internet. duh.

The Zeroimage has variable focal length and a shutter. Filter and shade you can stick on using blue tack.. That is, if you want them for something...improving image quality ? Hmm it's a pinhole camera if I wanted image quality, I'd use a proper camera
    Just because I show the picture it doesn't mean you know how does it works! If I describe the technical function now, that would be a totally different thing! Go and fabricate a wooden box, who really cares? But to construct a pinhole camera with variable focal length need a little more than sit a front of your computer and criticize!

The whole idea come to me about 12 years ago the reason is that in some situation good to have a different focal length which we all can agree. Here I got one box with some possibilities! My new ones even are more advanced as this one. Filter is for B/W work and the shade is for what it is actually made to use it for the first place.

The quality of the image is the same soft however got more contrast using the filter and the shade yellow is standard red is for different other use!

About using that proper camera, what it would be in your case the 8x10 or 20x24Ē?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok...now people...stay away from the brown acid...if you've already taken some...just remember...you're ok, everyone here loves you. Drink some orange juice...put on some comforting music and just try to rest. You're going to be back in about 10 hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Ok...now people...stay away from the brown acid...if you've already taken some...just remember...you're ok, everyone here loves you. Drink some orange juice...put on some comforting music and just try to rest. You're going to be back in about 10 hours.
    :-) Can I suggest some good music? Try Motorhead and the Brand New Sign of course none of those can be considered as comfortable type but it might work out fine! :-) :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simple box camera:

No more rubber bands or tape, and it's painted black now. Yes the back still comes off so that I can have 35mm and 6x4.5 film use. Sorry no more recent photos of the camera. Uses the same backs as my lens cameras (Mamiya 645), so it is really just an extension of that system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Simple box camera:

No more rubber bands or tape, and it's painted black now. Yes the back still comes off so that I can have 35mm and 6x4.5 film use. Sorry no more recent photos of the camera. Uses the same backs as my lens cameras (Mamiya 645), so it is really just an extension of that system.

Smart, in this case actually you can use two different kinds of film size so it doesn't matter if you run out of 35 than you just switch over to 120 or vise versa and still keep the same focal length it’s just using a smaller aria out of the actual size. Not bad at all! :-)

I can use some other sizes and 120 film on that LF back too! But I'm actually sucker for LF and ULF. :-)
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 12-19-2006 at 07:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling as usual :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The real reason for 135mm is that I can drop it off at any number of 1 hour places, so testing is easier. The real photos will need to be done on 120. I still need to make a viewfinder of some kind, probably with a mask for the more narrow 24x36mm film. I'm considering making a new box that will attach to an RB or RZ back, or maybe something 6x6 like the backs from the Russian cameras since they are cheap. As you can see, I'm not real fond of wide angle images, never have been. Somewhere in the 15-25 degree angle makes me most satisfied.

There was a lot I had to learn to make that box, mistakes that won't be repeated with the next one. The biggest thing was that 1/16 inch plywood is not even close to lightproof. It takes several coats of black paint on each side to make it light proof.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    The real reason for 135mm is that I can drop it off at any number of 1 hour places, so testing is easier. The real photos will need to be done on 120. I still need to make a viewfinder of some kind, probably with a mask for the more narrow 24x36mm film. I'm considering making a new box that will attach to an RB or RZ back, or maybe something 6x6 like the backs from the Russian cameras since they are cheap. As you can see, I'm not real fond of wide angle images, never have been. Somewhere in the 15-25 degree angle makes me most satisfied.

There was a lot I had to learn to make that box, mistakes that won't be repeated with the next one. The biggest thing was that 1/16 inch plywood is not even close to lightproof. It takes several coats of black paint on each side to make it light proof.
    You know it’s good to have friend when you are on the project like this that can help you with some woodwork and so on! You can use a little black silicon in the inside and than it would be lightproof, on the outside on those fittings you may use something we have here called plastic tree (does it make any sense to you?) than you sleep and finally paint. Just a tip, I don’t know how much money you wan to sped on this but Mamiya universal have a back I don’t know exactly which one I think it’s a model K but than it’s a multiformat from 6x6, 6x4.5, 6x7 and 6x9. You might find those on Ebay. I think those I have seen ended around a $100 or so its coming with those frames you must place into the back: could make a difference.If you do so so get the back first to know how to create tha back of the camera. need some friend to help you out with some metal work too! :-) Thats the only way to do it if you don't have any kind of worksop or a lot's of tools home.
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 12-19-2006 at 06:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin