Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,992   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

First Foray Into The Pinhole

Well, this is my first thread in this category. I have always wanted to get started in pinhole photog but was never motivated enough until I read the July 2007 Black and White Photography. On one of the front pages was an article in which a gentleman had taken matchboxes and atached two rolls (one full and one empty) of 35mm film to either side and light tighted it with electrical tape. So, I spent $11.28 tonight and purchased enough supplies to make three cameras and have already taken the first picture. The pinhole is about .1mm and the matchbox is about 10mm deep. So I am guessing my aperture at f100. I will get more precise at work tomorrow. So an indoor self portrait under diffuse incandescant light using 400 speed film with an aperture of f100 I am thinking, allowing for reciprocity of an exposure time of 1 minute. Well not wanting to chance sitting still for a minute, I went for thirty seconds. I'll see how it and others go. I will post photos of the camera and also the images made with it, provided they are any good.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Added a reuseable bent paper clip handle for winding on.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You are industrious! Can't wait to see. What film are you using?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For now, just cheapy color from Food Lion, but I will be switching gears to some B&W ISO100.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could you post a picture of the camera? I am very interested.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Chris, something that's cheap and available is Tmax 100. No reciprocity correction for up to several minutes, more than I have ever needed. Fuji Acros too, but I think it's pricier.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    great work. i built one of those cameras. good fun. check out f295.org for more fun.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How does one make such a small pinhole? I am thinking of making one of these today!

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will find a bunch of information through links here. I think one of the better descriptions of a method I've used is found on this page.

I use #400 or #600 wet-or-dry sandpaper wet for the final sanding. I wouldn't be surprised laser drilled commercial plates are better, but the homemade apertures certainly work.

DaveT

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just be careful, the lure of lensles imaging can be very.....seductive......but FUN. For sure let us see some images.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin